Darts...

Sideshow

That was a great final, both guys played superb darts but Taylor is just phemon, phinom, shit hot!!:lol:

It looks like he is far from done, and people like Anderson & co need to up their games big time to make inroads to his superiority on the game.

What is the score with Anderson recently? Does he just expect the results to materialise without trying?:unsure:

Not taking the piss here I was out yesterday and met some who is good pals with Anderson was speaking to him for a while and he said Anderson didn't even want to go their but had to as he's contracted to the pdc! Make of it what you will!

Not taking the piss here I was out yesterday and met some who is good pals with Anderson was speaking to him for a while and he said Anderson didn't even want to go their but had to as he's contracted to the pdc! Make of it what you will!

I make of it that he needs to give himself a fucking good shake and realise what a talent he has, he won't be handed anything and everyone on the tour is capable of turning him over if he plays half arsed like he seems to be doing at the moment.

He has the ability to get to the top of the rankings if he gets his head sorted, he needs to take a leaf out of the book of Taylor, Nicholson, Lewis etc.

I cant believe Ando's approach to the last couple of tournaments... there's no official tour events for a month now, giving him a break from the game. You'd think he would have held off his apathy 'til at least after the Euros.

Anderson's attitude has always been questionable in these situations - he needs to get his finger out if he's got any aspirations of ever winning a major ranking tournament with the PDC (The PL ain't a ranking tournament).

If he really cannot be arsed with darts, then why not give it a good fucking go, make a lot of money, and then chuck it. Rather than getting pumped out of the 1st and 2nd round and doing well on the pro-tour, its buttons in comparison.

The boy Kim Huybrechts was superb, hes easily a top 16 talent.

I remember after he won the PL, he seemed to take great pleasure in saying "I'm not going to go near a dartboard for a week". Fair enough he actually turned up at the players championship a few days later, but that was only because his manager told him. For what it's worth, he actually won the players championships on both days, which shows he can win things if he can be arsed. Good job that his gaffer told him to go to Barnsley!

The boy Kim Huybrechts was superb, hes easily a top 16 talent.

I would need to see him do it a bit more regularly to give him that kind of billing, a bit like Antonio Alcinas last year when he seemed to be the next big thing from the continent because of a good performance in the World cup team event, done very little since.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see some more international faces on a regular basis in the PDC, what about the German guy who was in the worlds a couple of years back and another couple of TV events, looked a decent player, can't remember the name.:unsure:

Gary Anderson appears to be someone who doesn't really enjoy darts, but plays it because he's good at it and makes good money from it. Fair enough if you ask me, but he's capable of making much more.

Gary Anderson appears to be someone who doesn't really enjoy darts, but plays it because he's good at it and makes good money from it. Fair enough if you ask me, but he's capable of making much more.

A bit like Ronnie O'Sullivan, except Anderson's not an utter ring piece.

Sometimes Anderson will turn up and hit a 105+ average and other times he will be utter stinking and go out of tournaments early he's always been like that and I don't see much changing. People are being too dismissive of him to win a major though he has plenty of time and of course the talent to do it.

He sold his pub to concentrate fully on his darts so I don't think it's a case of him not being bothered with darts or that he doesn't really like it. He just seems to me that he won't let a defeat get to him in the way that it would other people but I think that's just his nature and realises there is more important things in life than arras. It's kind of like when your football team gets beat at the weekend you will have some fans that it will put them in a mood all weekend and others who forget about it after 5 minutes of full time, it doesn't make them any less passionate.

Regarding Huybrechts being a top 16 player he has a long way to go and everyone in the top 64 of the PDC should be aiming for the top 16 such is the talent in depth these days.

Bored so i was looking throught he DRA site to see what the pro's have been up to, mostly quite boring but this one made me chuckle!

DRA website

"Robert Thornton at the Players Championship, Gibraltar on 7th February 2010 outside the sports centre venue was in possession of a bottle with an optic attached. This behaviour occurred in front of two representatives of tournament sponsors and therefore could be considered to be behaviour likely to bring the game of darts into disrepute". :lol:

Mr Thornton was issued with a formal warning.

Edited by northernscum

Invitations for the 2011 Grand Slam of Darts have been announced.

"This year's qualifiers will include the finalists from the PDC World Cup of Darts, which was held for the first time last December and saw Holland defeat Wales in the decider, as well as the previous five Ladbrokes.com World Darts Champions and Lakeside Champions."

Saw that allows John Part and Ted Hankey into the field.

Grand Slam Invites

Current Qualifiers (A-Z)

Gary Anderson

Barrie Bates

Steve Beaton

Dave Chisnall

Jan Dekker

Ted Hankey

Terry Jenkins

Wayne Jones

Mervyn King

Adrian Lewis

Arron Monk

Wes Newton

Paul Nicholson

Tony O'Shea

John Part

Martin Phillips

Co Stompe

Phil Taylor

Raymond van Barneveld

James Wade

Scott Waites

Mark Webster

Simon Whitlock

Dean Winstanley

Invitations for the 2011 Grand Slam of Darts have been announced.

"This year's qualifiers will include the finalists from the PDC World Cup of Darts, which was held for the first time last December and saw Holland defeat Wales in the decider, as well as the previous five Ladbrokes.com World Darts Champions and Lakeside Champions."

Saw that allows John Part and Ted Hankey into the field.

Grand Slam Invites

Current Qualifiers (A-Z)

Gary Anderson

Barrie Bates

Steve Beaton

Dave Chisnall

Jan Dekker

Ted Hankey

Terry Jenkins

Wayne Jones

Mervyn King

Adrian Lewis

Arron Monk

Wes Newton

Paul Nicholson

Tony O'Shea

John Part

Martin Phillips

Co Stompe

Phil Taylor

Raymond van Barneveld

James Wade

Scott Waites

Mark Webster

Simon Whitlock

Dean Winstanley

Olly Crofts love child, Martin Adams is still playing the martyr then? What a fucking bellend of a man.dry.gif