Darts...

Sideshow

Watching the repeat of it just now. That second nine darter - my God, it's one of the most incredible things I've seen on tv.

The commentary from Lanning and, indeed, Waddell for that second 9 darter was fantastic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Lanning was in tears just as the 16th leg was about to start.

GUTTED!!!

Watched the semi finals but needed to go through the house to paint the other room. I watched Wade win the first leg then hit pause, flicked the tele off and went through the house.

Painting done, I got myself a lovely cool pint of magners and sat down in front of the tele. Switched the TV on. Nothing. I've got a universal remote and it switched the TV on and the Sky box OFF!!! Since i'd only had it on live pause, I'd lost the entire final, the program was just ending when I put the sky box back on.

FECK!!!

It could only happen when we have the most unbelievable game of darts ever, never mind for a final! Nae luck!

EDIT: Don't suppose anyone has a link to the final online?

Edited by mcjimbob_dfc

Does anyone else opt to aim for the 19s instead of the 20s on the dartboard? I dont play often but it seems to work an absolute treat for me.

Yeah, I like using that as my 'cover' shot though I'm sure it's probably luck more than anything that I end up hitting T19.

Watching the repeat of it just now. That second nine darter - my God, it's one of the most incredible things I've seen on tv.

The commentary from Lanning and, indeed, Waddell for that second 9 darter was fantastic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Lanning was in tears just as the 16th leg was about to start.

Lanning won £12k on the 1st 9-darter, probably thinking WHAT IF I'D WENT FOR 2 9-DARTERS, I'M AN IDIOT I COULD HAVE CLEANED THE BOOKIES OUT..

GUTTED!!!

Watched the semi finals but needed to go through the house to paint the other room. I watched Wade win the first leg then hit pause, flicked the tele off and went through the house.

Painting done, I got myself a lovely cool pint of magners and sat down in front of the tele. Switched the TV on. Nothing. I've got a universal remote and it switched the TV on and the Sky box OFF!!! Since i'd only had it on live pause, I'd lost the entire final, the program was just ending when I put the sky box back on.

FECK!!!

It could only happen when we have the most unbelievable game of darts ever, never mind for a final! Nae luck!

Go to youtube and type in anything darts related and there will be a user called cracking darts! He has all the latest videos from the premier league and has a special video of both the 9 darters last night! :)

GUTTED!!!

FECK!!!

Too late to help now if you hadn't already noticed yourself but it was just repeated on Sky Sports 2 again. I'd be surprised if it isn't on again somewhere in the next couple of days.

I don't know what the schedule is now, but they used to only repeat it twice the day after and once in the early hours just hours after it was on.

They've been showing the repeat even more than usual ... don't blame them either.

Ahh, just a little over 24hrs 'til the UK Open gets underway - I can't wait.

Bags of action on the outer boards, as always, but here's the order of play for the main stage:

Prelim Round

Ashley Whisker vs Gary Mawson

First Round

Louis Blundell vs Richie Burnett

Darren Latham vs Joe Cullen

Steve Hine vs Ian Gleeson

Stuart Monaghan vs William O'Connor

Second Round

Kirk Shepherd vs Adrian Gray

Wayne Mardle vs Mick McGowan

Nick Fullwell vs Arron Monk

Hudson/Neate/Dave Smith vs Paul Nicholson

Ahh, just a little over 24hrs 'til the UK Open gets underway - I can't wait.

Bags of action on the outer boards, as always, but here's the order of play for the main stage:

Prelim Round

Ashley Whisker vs Gary Mawson

First Round

Louis Blundell vs Richie Burnett

Darren Latham vs Joe Cullen

Steve Hine vs Ian Gleeson

Stuart Monaghan vs William O'Connor

Second Round

Kirk Shepherd vs Adrian Gray

Wayne Mardle vs Mick McGowan

Nick Fullwell vs Arron Monk

Hudson/Neate/Dave Smith vs Paul Nicholson

Yep, should be a good long weekend of darts as always. One of the charms of the UK Open is that you get to see some rags to riches stories, but it also gives the opportunity, a rare one at that, to see some of the young upcoming players before they really make it big, and also some players from a by gone era, alas Burnett.

Looking forward to it!

Yep, should be a good long weekend of darts as always. One of the charms of the UK Open is that you get to see some rags to riches stories, but it also gives the opportunity, a rare one at that, to see some of the young upcoming players before they really make it big, and also some players from a by gone era, alas Burnett.

Looking forward to it!

Yep ... it's gained a certain charm over the years. I'll miss the Quarter Finals on Sunday afternoon but I'll be able to see the rest of the action, thankfully. :)