Darts...

Sideshow

Thanks for that biggrin.gif

I did go last year but I dont know about this year. Will you be going ?

Yep, got to my board semi last year and missed D16 to get to the final, looking forward to it. Its a Friday and Saturday now, and I dont think you can specify which one you are playing on, bit gay.

Aye, you're right - that Barney vs Whitlock semi-final was a pile of shite.

Get a grip.

It's the consistency that matters, anyone in the higher echelons can turn it on for an hour or a week.

I didn't say you had, I was merely agreeing with what you had said. He unquestionably has the scoring ability and with the experience that the PDC stage would bring, he could be a top 6 player, but that is all hypothetical as we can't see into the future.

The only thing I didn't agree with you on, was your opinion that the game was a poor one. But we're all entitled to our own opinions, but as a conest couldn't see a whole lot wrong with that final.

I'm just looking at it from a different angle, I felt Chis was poor compared to what he'd shown previously, if he'd played like earlier and forced Adams to find something extra it could have been a classic.

Perhaps I just expect too much.

There was a report on the radio (including a short interview with Olly Croft) that the BDO are now reconsidering the take over bid by Barry Hearn & the PDC, he was talking about getting assurances on the detail of the bid as regard youth & ladies darts and whether all the current staff of the BDO would be retained.

I think the last bit could be a wee bit of a sticking point to say the least!, but as least this may be a small step in the right direction if the whole sport could be unified again.

There was a report on the radio (including a short interview with Olly Croft) that the BDO are now reconsidering the take over bid by Barry Hearn & the PDC, he was talking about getting assurances on the detail of the bid as regard youth & ladies darts and whether all the current staff of the BDO would be retained.

I think the last bit could be a wee bit of a sticking point to say the least!, but as least this may be a small step in the right direction if the whole sport could be unified again.

Here's the BBC Story in full - Hearns comments at the end are inflammatory to say the least! They might be true, but Olly Crofts history of "it's ma game, and you're no playing" is clear for all to see.

Edited by mozam76

Are there any good darts players on here?

Also, does anyone have any tips for someone who has been throwing for years, but only started to take it seriously very recently?

I know it's very poor, but my three dart average is around 40 and my doubles are fairly poor.

Obviously, without seeing me, there is only so much to say, but what do you think I should practice the most? My doubles, just treble 20/19, all of my singles, work on grouping perhaps? Or even just play lots of 301's 501's etc.?

Edited by loyal-blue

Are there any good darts players on here?

Also, does anyone have any tips for someone who has been throwing for years, but only started to take it seriously very recently?

I know it's very poor, but my three dart average is around 40 and my doubles are fairly poor.

Obviously, without seeing me, there is only so much to say, but what do you think I should practice the most? My doubles, just treble 20/19, all of my singles, work on grouping perhaps? Or even just play lots of 301's 501's etc.?

Im not the best dart player but I would advise you to do lots of 501's. I think if you work on your high scoring then the doubles will eventually come biggrin.gif

Edited by black and gold army

I would think that you should separate your game - spend as much time on your doubles as you would do on scoring (whether that's aiming for the sixty, or T19's or whatever). Alternate it as well - if you have a spare two hours of an evening, do an hour of doubles then an hour of trying to hit ton+'s.

That's only my advice, and I'm sure that all the guys on here are a damn sight better throwers than I am - see what they say!

Im not the best dart player but I would advise you to do lots of 501's. I think if you work on your high scoring then the doubles will eventually come biggrin.gif

The most important thing (especially if you are practicing a lot on your own) is to vary the practice as much as possible so you don't get bored.

Try a few things like;

Round the board in singles / Doubles / Trebles

301 double in double out

501 straight start

A full hour on 60's only

Then if you are practicing with a few mates try some darts games like cricket, killer etc.

Most important thing is to stop when you start becoming bored, or you'll soon think of practice as a chore and you won't benefit from it.

I do around the world in doubles and trebles. I don't stay on the one number untill I hit. I just move on and then go for the bull. That gives you plenty of practice on all of the targets.

I'm sure everyone will have different ideas.