Darts...

Sideshow

Colin Murray is funny as f**k, he's like an 8 year old kid let loose in a toy shop. laugh.gif

Martin Phillips seems as cool as anything about that win, fair play to him. cool.gif

I was hoping he would have calmed down from his frenetic first night, but he's got even more excitable as the tournament has progressed. To be fair, that's not a bad thing - it injects some life into the BBC's otherwise lifeless coverage with David Croft the only other real highlight.

Reckon this defeat will prompt Scott Waites to make the transition over to the PDC in the next month or two.

Well done Martin Philips, started off really well, all credit to Waites for coming back but it wasn't enough and as Naitch says, he'll most likely switch to the PDC very soon. But who cares about that we're going to have two compelling semi finals and a great final this weekend.

I think Murray has been brilliant. He seems to have a good wee rapport going with Bobby G. And the afternoon highlights I've seen, Croft has been a brilliant summariser. His commentary is only, oooh, about a thousand times better than Tony Green. The guy is like Sid Waddell in first gear. Gibbers pish, but at a slower speed.

EDIT - cracking first leg there from Adams. Starts with a 180, ends up with five darts at mad house. Love it!

I can see Thompson getting a doing here.

Edited by mozam76

Don't start on the predictions, it did'nt do me any good!

Did you not see my last one? I'm sure it was along the lines of Waites being the only winner once it went to 4-4! Cue a last set 3-0 win for Phillips! I'm murder!

Incidentally, that was a cracking 79 outshot for Thompson to level it up at 1 set all.

Bit of a romp for Adams tonight ... just a shame that he doesn't accept invitations to the Grand Slam.

I don't understand why he does that because he should be proud to represent the BDO.

He seems think he is being some kind of martyr to the cause, he is as much the cause of the problems at the BDO than Olly Croft & Martin Fatsmaurice the dinosaurs are.

All he is doing is denying himself what could be a very decent payday, because he is a very decent player who could hold his own against most people when he is on form, and why? just so that he can get the approval of the dusty old c***s at the BDO, pathetic.

Well Semi's are now set..Interesting games, O'Shea will have to improve and I expect Adams to win his game against Philips.

I'm going for a..............O'Shea V Adams final...close call.

Yeah, i reckon you could be right DLIII, but to be honest i think any combination of the semis would make for a decent final.

He seems think he is being some kind of martyr to the cause, he is as much the cause of the problems at the BDO than Olly Croft & Martin Fatsmaurice the dinosaurs are.

All he is doing is denying himself what could be a very decent payday, because he is a very decent player who could hold his own against most people when he is on form, and why? just so that he can get the approval of the dusty old c***s at the BDO, pathetic.

What problems at the bdo ?

Seems a bit of a shame the Ladies final being tucked away on the red button on a Friday night, i'm sure the final used to be on the Saturday did it not?

I know they have to make the session time for the friday, but surely the final would be better between the two mens semi finals tomorrow, it'll probably only last about 3/4 hour anyway.

Seems a bit of a shame the Ladies final being tucked away on the red button on a Friday night, i'm sure the final used to be on the Saturday did it not?

I know they have to make the session time for the friday, but surely the final would be better between the two mens semi finals tomorrow, it'll probably only last about 3/4 hour anyway.

Used to be the 'warm up' for the Mens Final IIRC ... shame that it's tucked away like this. Decent showing from Trina so far, she's 1-0 up.

Used to be the 'warm up' for the Mens Final IIRC ... shame that it's tucked away like this. Decent showing from Trina so far, she's 1-0 up.

Yeah, this is a major mismatch, it's only going to go one way.

Edit; OMG, Trina Gulliver wins 2-0 (3-0, 3-0) what a shock that was.tongue.gif

Edited by northernscum