Darts...

Sideshow

You can see Scholten on a half-yearly basis on the TV getting horsed anyways.

Anyone else watching the BBC coverage today ?

Colin Murray : "Bobby George says he really fancies Chisnall ... in a darting sense !". I'm warming to Murray big time over the course of this tournament.

I quite like Murray.

BBC Darts seems pisher than I remembered it. I presume it will pick up a bit once the first round dross is disposed of. Been some shambolic performances.

I quite like Murray.

BBC Darts seems pisher than I remembered it. I presume it will pick up a bit once the first round dross is disposed of. Been some shambolic performances.

Any sport that doesn't involve the majority of the top 50 will always lack quality.

It's like the World title for County players, and darts no better than county standard.

You can see Scholten on a half-yearly basis on the TV getting horsed anyways.

Colin Murray : "Bobby George says he really fancies Chisnall ... in a darting sense !". I'm warming to Murray big time over the course of this tournament.

Also after Chisnall's victory interview once it was finished he walked off right in front of the camera when Murray was doing a lead up, he goes 'yeah Dave just walk right in front of the camera, cheers'

He's no that bad. I like him.

Also after Chisnall's victory interview once it was finished he walked off right in front of the camera when Murray was doing a lead up, he goes 'yeah Dave just walk right in front of the camera, cheers'

:lol:

See, I don't like him on football coverage so I was worried, but I'm now pretty happy. He might even be better than Stubbs.

He was really good when he did the NFL.

I particularly enjoyed his "Ah, Ed Hockuley (musclebound ref p***k), don't you just love him? Or in fact, despise him with a passion, like me".

I quite like Murray.

I take it you didn't see Walton vs Van de Wiel on Saturday? Absolutely murder - one leg in particular I'm sure was a 28 darter. :o

Whitlock won the first SET vs Wade the other night in 37 darts.

I was hoping I could see Roland Scholten amongst these names, I miss seeing him play.

Scholten has had some real problems with his shoulder in the last year or two, I think he missed about half this season after surgery. So to be honest finishing 5 spots out of the tournament proves that he is showing some form again that i'm sure will progress into 2010.

I take it you didn't see Walton vs Van de Wiel on Saturday? Absolutely murder - one leg in particular I'm sure was a 28 darter. :o

Whitlock won the first SET vs Wade the other night in 37 darts.

Can't remember the match I did see, but there was one leg that must have been pushing 30 darts.

I don't like the thud of the BBC darts either. It sounds amateurish.

You can't just take one bad leg out of one match and use that as an argument that the whole tournament standard is crap!

All of these guys at Lakeside are capable of turning out a 37 dart set, just as Simon Whitlock is capable of turning out a 27 dart leg.

It's ridiculous to try to compare the two tournaments as a spectacle, they are like chalk & cheese, both have pro's & con's, but at the heart of it the standard of darts AS A WHOLE is very similar, there will be 100 + averages at Lakeside just as at the Ally Pally, if you enjoy watching darts then you should just take the Lakeside for what it is, the best players in their code playing some excellent darts for a more than healthy £100K first prize.

You can't just take one bad leg out of one match and use that as an argument that the whole tournament standard is crap!

All of these guys at Lakeside are capable of turning out a 37 dart set, just as Simon Whitlock is capable of turning out a 27 dart leg.

It's ridiculous to try to compare the two tournaments as a spectacle, they are like chalk & cheese, both have pro's & con's, but at the heart of it the standard of darts AS A WHOLE is very similar, there will be 100 + averages at Lakeside just as at the Ally Pally, if you enjoy watching darts then you should just take the Lakeside for what it is, the best players in their code playing some excellent darts for a more than healthy £100K first prize.

It wasn't meant to be as an example of the whole tournament being crap. Far from it - I know and can appreciate what the Lakeside is. H_B said that some of the darts had been poor, and I highlighted one example of those poor darts, that's all. I've no doubt that this tournament will provide some excellent matches later on, same as the PDC Worlds did.

I still think he's the best player in the BDO when he's on his game, but he lets the nerves get to him at points. He said last year that he had gotten rid of that, but it was clear he hasn't.

I think he'll go out in the latter rounds again.

Martin Adams on tonight, the 2007 champion has on paper a favourable route to the semi finals. But we all know that Wolfie can make things difficult for himself.

So will Adams reach the final and add a second World title to his glittering CV?

Seems to me he should be OK to the semi's where he is scheduled to meet Scott Waites, who don't forget has said he is definately going to win the Tournament.

That would be a cracker over a decent set format (best of 11?)

I can't see him having too much trouble tonight & then a possible Q/Final against Ross Montgomery.

Just so you know, there wasnt a 100+ average at Lakeside at all in last years tournament, and that was with Anderson, Webster and Whitlock. To say the standard of darts is the same is a bit of a lie. In saying that, I love the Lakeside as its exciting ad you dont know who will win.