Darts...

Sideshow

I don't think that Simon Whitlock really cares what Taylor was doing while he was accepting his trophy, to be fair.
That's not the point, there is such a thing as respect, he seems to demand it but he is not so good at showing it when it counts,

Agree, it's not only disrespectful to Whitlock, but also to the MC who is speaking, and the sponsors, who are presenting the prizes that they have spent a 7 figure sum on.

Even though you only saw him for a second, that wee montage Sky are playing at the end has reminded me how much of a fanny Paul Nicholson is. What were those fucking shades all about?

f**k it. I love Nicholson.

Taylor did say in his interview at the end that Whitlock will give some people a right beating on the tour next year and that is true. Whitlock is going to be a major player in the PDC now he is doing the circuit and wait till the reaction he gets in Glasgow at the Premier League, that will be epic!

What a fucking blinding tournament that was and although I will be watching the BDO from here in it's really not going to scratch the surface. Stompe, Webster, Lewis and of course Whitlock had tremendous tournaments but you have to tip the cap to Taylor the guy continues to amaze.

What a an absolute arse Taylor is, he couldnt even let Whitlock have his 10 seconds of fame and recieve his trophy without getting his board signed. Well played to Whitlock for being the bigger man and choosing to ignore it, 15 titles - no class.

This.

What a an absolute arse Taylor is, he couldnt even let Whitlock have his 10 seconds of fame and recieve his trophy without getting his board signed. Well played to Whitlock for being the bigger man and choosing to ignore it, 15 titles - no class.

Much as I admire Taylor as a player and indeed don't mind him generally, it does grate on me the way he effectively claims ownership of the board at the end of the night and gives it to someone in the crowd. It's not fecking yours to give away Phil!

Do they change boards at the end of every match as a matter of course? I'm sure they'll change them every night.

I don't think he really needed to get all the signatures he did anyway. Does the kid who received the board really need the markers and the walk on girls? The two players and, maybe, the caller (Spendley) would be enough. Piece of nonsense and, yes it was disrespectful to Whitlock. Of course he'd already disrespected him and the rest of the field when he said after the second round that the winner of his match with Lewis would win the tournament (albeit he was correct again).