Darts...

Sideshow

Extra prize-money = good chance to waste time.

They could have just given the two semi-finalists £50k each instead of putting on this farce of a match.

There was still going to be an excitable capacity crowd at the Ally Pally whether they staged this game or not so I'm at a loss to see how the pros outweigh the cons in this instance.

Trina Gulliver vs Francis Hoenselaar is just about to get underway over at Lakeside - now we're talking.

Wonder what happened to that other Dutch wummin that played. The wonderfully named Karen Krappen. She was a munter of the finest quality. A cross between Frankie Boyle and Olive from On The Buses.

Out of curiosity how many darts did Barney miss for the match in the semi? I can't recall any?

That'll be zero. Lost the last set 3-1? I was actually pretty mashed but I think this is what happened.

Edited by Andyboy

That'll be zero. Lost the last set 3-1? I was actually pretty mashed but I think this is what happened.

I thought that as well, basically they are talking romanticised tosh when they say Barney should've won - the final is the correct pairing if you ask me. I bet they have the best two averages as well.

I thought that as well, basically they are talking romanticised tosh when they say Barney should've won - the final is the correct pairing if you ask me. I bet they have the best two averages as well.

Taylor, Whitlock and Lewis have the highest averages for the tournament, I think.

I agree. Whitlock has been in excellent form throughout the tournament, and I'd say that the fact he knocked out Jenkins, Wade, Osborne and van Barneveld shows just how much he deserves his spot in the final.

Whitlock was the better player last night as well and even though Barney raised his game from his previous couple of matches he deserved to crash out.

Well if they have any sense that play off won't be back next year. Fair play to Wbester now in the top 32, opens plenty of doors for him.

No come on Simon, hold your throw, break Taylor then hold again 3-0 up! you can do it.....

Yep, it didn't work first time around and certainly didn't work tonight.

This match coming up though is going to be epic. :)