Darts...

Sideshow

But I just feel that Lewis misses more than he hits

First dart is huge for Lewis. If it goes in 60 he has a good chance of 180. Seems to like aiming for the previous dart so if it was a good one the the next one is often good too.

Will be a sad day for darts. It's like wanting Pele to hang up his boots. Love or hate him he's the best thing that's ever happened to darts. Without him players would still be winning world titles with a 95 average.

I know exactly what you mean, I play darts (at a poor level) but I admire Phil Taylor for being that good and I love to see the game played so well, same in golf, I love watching Woods in top form.

Too me a game with two guys averaging 95, being tight and tense, is far better than a guy averaging 110 and the other 100, no contest there.

Another ruthless performance by Taylor, looks like the ridiculous overhyping of the match got to Lewis, building it up as "possibly the biggest game ever" even before either man had got through to the quarters. :lol:

With a bit of luck and with the game being tomorrow the Taylor hype machine won't have a chance to build up the pressure on Webster, so he will be able to prepare as normal.

Having said all that i still fully expect Taylor to brush Webster aside, 6-2 possibly.

As usual we still have yet to see Taylor under any kind of pressure, so hopefully if Webster can get off to a strong start we may get a decent match. :)

The whole "3 dart average" thing mystified me earlier.

At one point, I cannae mind what set it was, but Taylors average was on screen as being 107.5. He threw a 96 I think it was (certainly less than a ton anyway) and his average jumped to 107.88!! I'm no maths whizz, but how the f**k is that?

I absolutely refuse to be drawn into this averages pish. Legs won will do me.

The whole "3 dart average" thing mystified me earlier.

At one point, I cannae mind what set it was, but Taylors average was on screen as being 107.5. He threw a 96 I think it was (certainly less than a ton anyway) and his average jumped to 107.88!! I'm no maths whizz, but how the f**k is that?

Because they update the average dart by dart, not after the three dart throw is complete. You saw a "live" average of 107.5 before he threw his third dart which was a treble and caused the average to go up.

Didn't see much of the darts today due to other commitments. Only watched the first three sets and then the last one in the Taylor v Lewis match. Taylor was what he is. Just capable of raising his game to levels others can't when he has to. There was nothing much between them in the parts I saw but Taylor can win when he has to. Lewis, a bit like Anderson the other night against Baxter, played better then to deserve a whitewash but the better man clearly won. I can't see Webster getting anywhere near him and wouldn't be remotely surprised to see another whitewash there.

The Barneveld v Whitlock match is interesting though and could go any way. I don't believe Whitlock can beat Taylor though. We know on the right night Barney can (though he's in nothing like the sort of form where he's hinting he might).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Bring it on !!

BobbyGeorge2.jpg

I'm fucking sick of his face after that 'Geez Yer Gold' ad he's been doing all week.

Just like the 1st round of the PDC tourney, I'm not expecting too much from the 1st round of the BDO championship. One or two good matches to look forward to, though.

Who's tuning into the Lakeside tomorrow?

Ill be there! cant wait. Think our local boy Barilli may be able to get past the 1st round this year. Had to play him the other week and he was looking sharp. Hes playing Tony West, the less talented of the West brothers I think, So fingers crossed.

Watched Bobby Georges guide to playing darts on BBC website, was quite good actually, gave me a few good tips.

Right, here's the order of play for today...

1.30pm Tony O'Shea vs Robbie Green

2.20pm Joey Ten Berge vs Brian Woods

3.10pm John Walton vs Willy van de Wiel

4.00pm Ian White vs Stephen Bunting

6.00pm Ted Hankey vs Gary Robson

6.50pm Alan Norris vs Robert Wagner

Hankey vs Robson is the highlight of that bunch, fancy The Count to be pushed all the way in that one.

Right, here's the order of play for today...

1.30pm Tony O'Shea vs Robbie Green

2.20pm Joey Ten Berge vs Brian Woods

3.10pm John Walton vs Willy van de Wiel

4.00pm Ian White vs Stephen Bunting

6.00pm Ted Hankey vs Gary Robson

6.50pm Alan Norris vs Robert Wagner

Hankey vs Robson is the highlight of that bunch, fancy The Count to be pushed all the way in that one.

Kong versus silverback what a way to start.

Lets play darts !!!

Anybody else slightly concerned by the way James Wade is going these days ? Think back to the fresh faced, focus Wade of a couple of years ago to what you have now. Looks like he's been partying hard and practising infrequently. When he first broke through I think we all that he was the man to challenge the dominance of Taylor. However, he seems to play in bursts these days, usually when he's dug himself into another hole. Don't get me wrong, he's still a cracking player but I fear he may piss it all away unless he gets a grip. That "44" against Whitlock was the sign of a player who is mentally just not there.

Edited by RedWeb

Anybody else slightly concerned by the way James Wade is going these days ? Think back to the fresh faced, focus Wade of a couple of years ago to what you have now. Looks like he's been partying hard and practising infrequently. When he first broke through I think we all that he was the man to challenge the dominance of Taylor. However, he seems to play in bursts these days, usually when he's dug himself into another hole. Don't get me wrong, he's still a cracking player but I fear he may piss it all away unless he gets a grip. That "44" against Whitlock was the sign of a player who is mentally just not there.

Yep, that was a horrendous lapse of concentration on Wade's part. To miss a big single once if careless ... to do it two darts in a row is shocking.

He's in danger of becoming yet another player to fall by the wey side in their quest to topple Taylor.

He definitely seems to be battling a few demons at the minute. Don't think he has the focus to practise hard enough for these big tournaments. He has admitted himself that he suffers confidence and nervous issues on the big stage recently. Still, he did win the premier league this year, and I think he will win a big title again in 2010, given time, he could be great. Needs to change his walk on music back to two tribes though.