Semi finals;

Whitlock 6-4 van Barneveld

Taylor 6-2 Stompe

Final;

Taylor 7-3 Whitlock

Edited by mid-table

To give you an example...

You are playing first to 3 501

If you win 3-0 in 17, 13, 15 darts this is 1503 divided by 45 darts in total = 33.4 / dart = 100.2 (3 dart Av)

If you win 3-1 in the same darts but in the leg you lose you have 80 left after 15 darts then it is 501 x 4 legs = 2004 but you have to take the 80 off this total... 2004-80 = 1924 divided by the total darts you have thrown 60 = 32.0666 /dart = 96.199 (3 dart Av)

Hope this makes sense.

Edit; for not being able to count up to 45!!

Edited by northernscum

To give you an example...

You are playing first to 3 501

If you win 3-0 in 14, 13, 15 darts this is 1503 divided by 45 darts in total = 33.4 / dart = 100.2 (3 dart Av)

If you win 3-1 in the same darts but in the leg you lose you have 80 left after 15 darts then it is 501 x 4 legs = 2004 but you have to take the 80 off this total... 2004-80 = 1924 divided by the total darts you have thrown 60 = 32.0666 /dart = 96.199 (3 dart Av)

Hope this makes sense.

A quicker way is (total points scored) / (number of darts thrown) x 3

Edit; Sky will have a simple program with two fields, sum and count, where someone adds the score of each dart individually (adding 0 for a missed double), whenever a number is added this increases the sum by the score entered and increases the count by 1, the display you see is just a real-time display of (score / count * 3).

Edited by mid-table

I wasn't aware Barney is a dibetic. I geniunely feared for him tonight, he looked like he was ready to collapse. I can't see him getting past the quarters if thats going to continually happen to him.

Same here, and Baxter's got the game to give him real problems in the QF.

The longer game again is not going to suit Barney at all if his problems continue. I will be backing Baxter here although I fear he won't be a great price due to Barney's performance against Painter and the problems he had.

Good day for me yesterday with all results right, though most were pretty short odds. Bit unlucky not to snare a couple more of the correct scores.

Thought Kevin Painter was fucking garbage last night - Barneveld was there for the taking.

Thought Kevin Painter was fucking garbage last night

Never been sure why people think Painter is actually any good. Other than the World Final against Phil he's been a let down pretty much every time he's been hyped up for a big match. No better than the likes of Dudbridge or Osbourne.

Cheers for all the answers to my wee query last night. I bow to your superior knowledge gents. I kinda understand the 3 dart average stat now - what I still don't understand though is why it's a fulcrum of the commentary!

But hey.

Cheers for all the answers to my wee query last night. I bow to your superior knowledge gents. I kinda understand the 3 dart average stat now - what I still don't understand though is why it's a fulcrum of the commentary!

But hey.

Its just so Sid has something else to natter on about.

BTW, you can get over 10/1 on a Whitlock, Baxter and Stompe treble!

Its just so Sid has something else to natter on about.

BTW, you can get over 10/1 on a Whitlock, Baxter and Stompe treble!

There's a man who needs NO excuse to come out with rancid keech, eh?

I've been highly impressed with Whitlock, I have to say. He doesn't seem fazed at all. That treble is VERY tempting...

Play gets underway at 2pm today ... all four have potential to be brilliant matches.

2.10pm - Co Stompe vs Mark Webster

4pm - Simon Whitlock vs James Wade

7.40pm - Raymond van Barneveld vs Ronnie Baxter

9.30pm - Phil Taylor vs Adrian Lewis

Those are my picks in bold, though most can go either way.

Edited by The Naitch

Play gets underway at 2pm today ... all four have potential to be brilliant matches.

2.10pm - Co Stompe vs Mark Webster

4pm - Simon Whitlock vs James Wade

7.40pm - Raymond van Barneveld vs Ronnie Baxter

9.30pm - Phil Taylor vs Adrian Lewis

Those are my picks in bold, though most can go either way.

I think webster will win.I Dunno why t hey are hyping up the taylor lewis game.It will be the same olds story lewis bottle crash and taylor humps him 5 zip.