Darts...

Sideshow

Guest The Phoenix
Wtf is Painter so angry about? He's throwing the darts as if he wants to kill the board.

Pretty sure he's always been a "chucker" rather than a "thrower.

Because i don't think that was a scheduled break and he is not impressed.

It was a scheduled break (breaks after set 1, 2, 4 and 6 going on the days play) Think Barney must have been late out though. He looks goosed, but should still win it.

It was a scheduled break (breaks after set 1, 2, 4 and 6 going on the days play) Think Barney must have been late out though. He looks goosed, but should still win it.

I was thinking because they did'nt seem to leave straight away and then SKY did'nt go to adverts as normal it seemed as though it was all a bit contrived.

I dunno if this has been answered before, so sorry if there's any repetition.

How exactly do they work out the "3 dart averages"? What I mean is, what darts do they take into account? Is it only the darts taking the player from 501 down to a finish?

It's confused me for a while, well, certainly since it started to become an integral part of statistics and commentary.

I was thinking because they did'nt seem to leave straight away and then SKY did'nt go to adverts as normal it seemed as though it was all a bit contrived.

Think they just fucked the music, its happened a few times during the tourney.

Lets not forgt, Barney has only dropped one set and hit a 9 darter, don't write him off yet!

How exactly do they work out the "3 dart averages"? What I mean is, what darts do they take into account? Is it only the darts taking the player from 501 down to a finish?

It's confused me for a while, well, certainly since it started to become an integral part of statistics and commentary.

Every dart counts. Basically, 501/number of darts thrown. But the computer updates it afetr every dart so they are taking whatever score is hit by every dart and multiplying it by 3 to get the 3 dart average and just adding the number of darts thrown etc. There will be a lovely formula somewhere

The averages are worked out on, obviously the number of darts taken to complete the 501 in the legs that you win, but you also have to account for the points you have left in the legs you lose, this is why you can have a good average and get thrashed, because you are not throwing at the doubles, which is what brings the average down.

:huh:

As opposed to?

What I mean is, will they include shite attempts at finishes as well? Hamilton and Wade were both shocking in one leg in particular earlier on, with Hamilton ending up on x2 if I mind right.

It just seems a bit silly for the commentators to bang on about averages and how they have to be as high as possible, when those statistics can be skewed by dodgy finishing.

I know that probably makes no sense at all - sorry, one or two beers tonight.