Darts...

Sideshow

He's the founder of the BDO and has been the 'ringmaster' for the whole operation since it began - I think officially he's the Chairman of the organisation. Hearn, though, wants to hear replies from all 60 or so shareholders before taking the next step.

I knew he was the founder of the BDO, I just wondered what their constitution was like that entitled him to dismiss the offer out of hand. Perhaps that's just frivolous headline writing? I dunno.

Woman in my work used to play at County level and was Scottish champion, and she hasn't got many kind words to say about Olly Croft - she told me of a time when an Open Competition was set up in George Street in Edinburgh - all the big guns of the time were there, Jocky Wilson, Eric Bristow, Rod Harrington etc, and the County players were told by Croft that if they entered it, they'd be barred from playing County thereafter.

He may be right about some of the PDC stuff, but he sounds a prize clown.

I knew he was the founder of the BDO, I just wondered what their constitution was like that entitled him to dismiss the offer out of hand. Perhaps that's just frivolous headline writing? I dunno.

Woman in my work used to play at County level and was Scottish champion, and she hasn't got many kind words to say about Olly Croft - she told me of a time when an Open Competition was set up in George Street in Edinburgh - all the big guns of the time were there, Jocky Wilson, Eric Bristow, Rod Harrington etc, and the County players were told by Croft that if they entered it, they'd be barred from playing County thereafter.

He may be right about some of the PDC stuff, but he sounds a prize clown.

He is a very bitter man.You should watch some of the darts videos on youtube.Blood on the carpet is a good one about the split.

Olly Croft didn't get one thing wrong with what he has said about the PDC.

Thought his remark about Taylor ripping the opposition to shreads most weeks was pish. He may indeed but that's because he's the best player to every throw a dart. Is Mr Croft seriously suggesting that somehow Taylor is bad for darts ? What a chump.

The 32 names in the BDO Worlds have been confirmed.

SEEDS

1. Tony O'Shea

2. Scott Waites

3. Martin Adams

4. Daryl Fitton

5. Ted Hankey

6. Ross Montgomery

7. Dave Prins

8. Alan Norris

9. Joey Ten Berge

10. Martin Atkins

11. Steve West

12. John Walton

13. Mark Barilli

14. Scott Mitchell

15. John Henderson

16. Ian White

Qualifiers

Willy Van De Wiel, Stephen Bunting, Brian Woods, Mareno Michells, Robert Wagner, Daryl Gurney, Gary Robson, Martin Phillips, Paul Hanvidge, Dave Chisnall, Garry Thompson, Martin McCloskey, Robbie Green, Tony West, Paul Carter, Anthony Fleet

Some decent names haven't been seeded here.

Alan Norris is now spending a lot of his time in Scotland and seems a decent bloke so hopefully he will do well.

Thought his remark about Taylor ripping the opposition to shreads most weeks was pish. He may indeed but that's because he's the best player to every throw a dart. Is Mr Croft seriously suggesting that somehow Taylor is bad for darts ? What a chump.

It was definately an ill advised remark. From my own viewpoint, I'm sick to the back teeth of watching the same result in every one of his matches these days, but the guy is the opposite of bad for the sport.

Anyhoo, the draw for the BDOs ...

Ian White vs. Stephen Bunting

Tony O'Shea vs. Robbie Green

Joey ten Berge vs. Brian Woods

Alan Norris vs. Robert Wagner

John Walton vs. Willy Van De Wiel

Ted Hankey vs. Gary Robson

Mark Barilli vs. Tony West

Darryl Fitton vs. Dave Chisnall

John Henderson vs. Mareno Michels

Scott Waites vs. Paul Hanvidge

Martin Atkins vs. Paul Carter

Dave Prins vs. Martin Phillips

Steve West vs. Martin McCloskey

Ross Montgomery vs. Garry Thompson

Scott Mitchell vs. Darryl Gurney

Martin Adams vs. Anthony Fleet

Actually a few good looking matches. More than last year, and some of the un-seeded names might be a hint to there being some decent new names coming through. I've bolded the matches which appeal to me.

The first time I've ever cheered Taylor on, I felt dirty. When he took out that 142 on D11, I actually puked. Hopefully, he soon gets bored with darts and moves onto some other sport, seems like thats how he rolls.

He's tried his hand at football, table tennis, the old yo-yo tricks... what's next, ten-pin bowling?

I reckon that could be right up his alley.

What is actually the problem with Osbourne?

Anyone to beat Taylor these days gets a big thumbs up from me!

Its totally irrational, I just hate the guy. He looks like a dick. I have the same problem with Shaun Murphy,Ross Fisher and many other sportsmen.