Darts...

Sideshow

I'm sure it's been said by others earlier in the thread, but Sid Waddell really is a fucking imbecile. I know he's a learned guy and all that keech, but he must have a masters in talking rancid shite.

Both Taylor and Barney seem to be way off the top of their game just now.

Quite a poor final I thought, compared to some others I've seen.

On a different note, does anyone know the name of the song that was played over the montage at the end their? Brilliant, whatever it was.

Dedicated his win to Steven Gateley after mentioning Robbie Williams :huh: Never misses a chance to name-drop, does he?

Oh, Taylor's long, long list of best pals is never far away. Joe Longthorne, Kym Marsh and that bloke from The Darkness are all good, good personal friends (to nick a phrase from Alan McInally).

Quite a poor final I thought, compared to some others I've seen.

On a different note, does anyone know the name of the song that was played over the montage at the end their? Brilliant, whatever it was.

The Temper Trap: Sweet Disposition

Tune.

EDIT: Trap not Track

Edited by tigerton

That song has found it's way into the mainstream BIG time, and is suddenly a regular feature in the top 10 every week. I'm delighted that this band are getting some big exposure, as their album is the bees knees.

The 32 names in the BDO Worlds have been confirmed.

SEEDS

1. Tony O'Shea

2. Scott Waites

3. Martin Adams

4. Daryl Fitton

5. Ted Hankey

6. Ross Montgomery

7. Dave Prins

8. Alan Norris

9. Joey Ten Berge

10. Martin Atkins

11. Steve West

12. John Walton

13. Mark Barilli

14. Scott Mitchell

15. John Henderson

16. Ian White

Qualifiers

Willy Van De Wiel, Stephen Bunting, Brian Woods, Mareno Michells, Robert Wagner, Daryl Gurney, Gary Robson, Martin Phillips, Paul Hanvidge, Dave Chisnall, Garry Thompson, Martin McCloskey, Robbie Green, Tony West, Paul Carter, Anthony Fleet

Some decent names haven't been seeded here.

The quotes from Ted Hankey on the BBC website are laughable - he claims that he'd rather be with the gimmicky BDO than play in the PDC where they 'concentrate on winning'.

Whilst Hearn's bid could be described at best as cheeky - Olly Croft's comments are dripping with bitterness as usual:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...rts/8318633.stm

EDIT: Adrian Lewis FINALLY won his way through to the Grand Final of Championship League darts at the THIRTEENTH attempt after beating van Gerwen in the final of Group 8 today.

Edited by The Naitch

The Temper Trap: Sweet Disposition

Tune.

EDIT: Trap not Track

That song has found it's way into the mainstream BIG time, and is suddenly a regular feature in the top 10 every week. I'm delighted that this band are getting some big exposure, as their album is the bees knees.

Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated.

Quick (and genuine) question here, regarding this £1m offer - what right does Croft have to decide whether to turn it down or not? Is the BDO actually his, or is he majority shareholder or what? How does it work?

Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated.

Quick (and genuine) question here, regarding this £1m offer - what right does Croft have to decide whether to turn it down or not? Is the BDO actually his, or is he majority shareholder or what? How does it work?

He's the founder of the BDO and has been the 'ringmaster' for the whole operation since it began - I think officially he's the Chairman of the organisation. Hearn, though, wants to hear replies from all 60 or so shareholders before taking the next step.