Darts...

Sideshow

Premier League tonight. Interesting stuff on the card ...

JOHN PART vs. WAYNE MARDLE

John Part has had a good couple of weeks recently in the PL, and if he keeps that up, he might well be able to get the win over Mardle, and I think he's going to do it rather convincingly. As always with Part, I can't see this being the best match of darts ever, but I reckon the standard will be higher than some people might think it'll be. Both guys are capable of good darts and I reckon Mardle is due a standout performance. He hasn't had a REALLY good one in the league this year I think, which makes the last one his match with Mark Walsh at the Tavern.

MERVYN KING vs. JELLE KLAASEN

The revelation of the PL against the diddy of the PL. I'd be disappointed by anything less than an 8-0 win for King here, as Klaasen will continue to show just how out of his depth he is, while King will continue to show just how amazing he is by wiping all of the competition out of the way.

JAMES WADE vs. PHIL TAYLOR

James Wade can take a lot of heart out of what was a fantastic performance last week where he almost seemed to think "I've had enough of this" and destroyed Barneveld. Taylor was lucky to escape with a point against a very impressive Jenkins. Taylor isn't far off the form that he stated last year's PL with at the moment. However, I reckon we'll see what has become the norm for Wade on this match, and that'll allow Phil Taylor the win.

RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD vs. TERRY JENKINS

Barneveld really hasn't got going so far, so he's going to need to step things up here, and I reckon he will. He hasn't been playing as bad as some people seem to be making out. He couldn't do anything against Wade the way that he was playing, and his performance against Part was good. The only match where he was very sluggish was the one against Phil Taylor. I reckon he'll brush past Jenkins tonight with relative ease.

Lets try this again. Oh, that Part match wasn't very good. I had to go upstairs and watch it and it felt like a great big waste of time.

MERVYN KING 8-4 JELLE KLAASEN

Over 40 Checkouts

The King : 110, 86

The Matador : 77, 52, 158, 114

NOTES

* Bow Down To The King !

* Why are the fans hating King so much here ? He heads up to throw and the fans are on his back right from the off.

* A great effort at 167 from Klaasen there. He misses and King takes out the 16 that was left. I was beginning to think that he was going to let Jelle in.

* I love that wee raise of the arm that King does whenever he gets a 180. Just a wee play to the crowd like that can help them get on your side. By the sounds of things, King could be using that.

* Mervyn King is playing to his usual high standard here, but Klaasen looks to be giving him a wee run for his money. A definate step up from Klaasen this week. He'll be hoping for a win here, as he won't have this spike in quality too many times in this PL, and he'll need to get wins where he can.

* That was a close call for the Klaasen break, but King sneaks the leg by the skin of his teeth to make it 3-2. Phew.

* The King gets the first break of the match to make it 4-2, and you can only assume that this is the beginning of the end for Klaasen, but if he continues to fight to the end, you never know, because he isn't playing badly at all. Good match so far.

* f**k YEAH !!! Klaasen knocks in a 158 and that's the high checkout for the evening so far.

* It's getting sloppy out there. King has been giving Klaasen chances and he hasn't been taking them. How many chances is Klaasen wanting ? He finally bangs in a 180 to open up the leg.

* That is the very definition of throwing a leg away, as Klaasen absolutely gifts the ninth leg to Mervyn King by busting his score.

* Jelle Klaasen is definately not giving up the ghost and throws another impressive checkout of 114.

* An appreciative crowd for the effort at a nine darter. An impressive 86 ends the leg anyways and Mervyn King sinks an 11 darter. Whooooaaaa, This King Is On Fire !

* An enjoyable match there from those two guys. Klaasen brought the flash and King brought the usual consistancy, although he drifted into the 1s more than usual. He'll take that win though.

JAMES WADE 8-4 PHIL TAYLOR

Over 40 Checkouts

The Machine : 78, 138

The Power : 82

NOTES

* Wade in non-scruff mode tonight again.

* This is the good stuff right here. Good to see neither man is going to disappoint us. Is this the best Wade has played against Taylor in the early goings of a match ?

* You're not going to get Taylor handing you many chances, but you have to take the chances when they come, and thankfully, Wade does take the Double 10 in the fifth leg to make sure he isn't behind going into the break. Absolutely crucial.

* YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS !!! Wade takes out Double tops as Taylor is not doing the business at all up there. He's going to need one of them almighty power surges.

* When Wade brings his A game, he can certainly throw some stellar darts. He isn't playing as well as he did against Barney last week, but he's still managing to pull himself into a decent lead over Taylor.

* Taylor gets a 180 and I think he needed a wee lift there. Wade answers with a 140 and Taylor can't seem to handle the pressure. Wade is the opposite, as he just piles in the big scores and he is playing some great darts tonight.

* James Wade is scoring like a trooper here. Apart from when I type that. People seem to be good at doing that to me.

* So Wade has sealed at least a point, and it's going to take a Steve McQueen level escape to even draw this match for Wade.

RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD 8-6 TERRY JENKINS

Over 40 Checkouts

Barney : 44, 64, 116, 82, 91

The Bull : 121, 82, 76

NOTES

* I love the look that Barney has on his face before matches. It's a face that says "do not mess with me under any circumstances".

* The commentators are talking as if Barney just missed a million darts on the double. He missed one dart on the Shanghai finish.

* Barney isn't scoring too badly here. I'm not sure exactly how Jenkins has found himself 2-0 up.

* Didn't take long for Barney to find himself back in the match, did it ?

* There's only so much Jenkins can do with Barney playing the way that he's playing in this match.

* This is absolutely fantastic darts in this match so far. I was wondering how Jenkins could be keeping up with Barney. It's because he's managing to keep his standard at a great height.

* I can't help but feel that this match is over for The Bull.

* Barney takes the feet off the gas a little and that makes me look like a w****r of the highest order. Jenkins is more than happy to take advantage and take the lead again.

Edited by DomDom

I'll have to repeat what I said last week, it's bloody great to see Wade back to near his best. 4-2 up at the break at least Taylor knows he is in a game here.

James Wade at the top of his game is a great thing for the sport or Taylor is going to run away with everything.

I fancy Jenkins to take something from Barney later on as well. The PL isn't ideal for Barney with all the travelling involved he hasn't looked at all comfortable so far. Suppose it's the same for Part and Klaasen right enough.

I'm sorry but King is nothing but an asshole, during the BDO World Championships he was happy playing on the board but when he was getting beat after a couple of sets he decided that the board was off line and disrupted the game to the detriment of the oppostion player who if I remember rightly was the boy Bunting.

Edited by Sideshow