Darts...

Sideshow

That trophy looks like an identical copy of the challenge cup. :lol:

Once again Taylor too strong for the field and not only that, but mentally he rattles just about everyone.

Did anyone hear Taylor's impression of Thornton there? :lol:

Quality Scottish accent Phillip!

Aye sounded like Willie from the Simpsons or something. :lol:

I hate the fact the guy wins so much, but a really likeable personality he has.

I hate the fact the guy wins so much, but a really likeable personality he has.

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again....How the heck has Taylor been so dominant for so long. Surely other players have as good hand/eye coordination...surely other players practice for hours on end. What is the main reason he is so good ?

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again....How the heck has Taylor been so dominant for so long. Surely other players have as good hand/eye coordination...surely other players practice for hours on end. What is the main reason he is so good ?

Well clearly other players don't have as good an ability to throw a dart where they'd like it to go consistently.

That's a bit like asking why anyone who happens to be best at something manages it? They just do. Someone has to be the best and it's them. You may as well ask why Tiger Woods is so dominant at golf? Surely others can hit the ball as far and as accurately........surely other players practice for hours on end?

Unlike most sports of course (cue an argument about whether darts is a sport. :rolleyes: ) darts isn't 'athletic' which obviously means it's possible to dominate for much longer than other things if you actually are the best. Federer dominated tennis completely for a period as did Sampras before him. But it being an athletic event they were never going to maintain it for over a decade. Someone else always comes along younger and fitter even if not quite as good as they were at their peak.

Premier League starts tomorrow before the big one next week for the P n Bers that are going. Can't believe it's only a week away!

Ladbrokes odds for the matches

J Wade 4/7

Draw 9/2

J Part 12/5

J Klaasen 6/5

Draw 9/2

T Jenkins 11/10

M King 5/6

Draw 9/2

W Mardle 8/5

Barney 4/1

Draw 5/1

P Taylor 1/3

Thoughts on it betting wise?

Premier League starts tomorrow before the big one next week for the P n Bers that are going. Can't believe it's only a week away!

J Wade 4/7

Draw 9/2

J Part 12/5

J Klaasen 6/5

Draw 9/2

T Jenkins 11/10

M King 5/6

Draw 9/2

W Mardle 8/5

Barney 4/1

Draw 5/1

P Taylor 1/3

I'll take a stab:

Wade

Jenkins

King

Taylor

Wonder what the odds are for Taylor to win every game?

Apparently Mark Webster has signed with the PDC to be announced tomorrow. Anderson will be announced next week, but how many times have we heard that? I'll believe it when I see it, but Anderson after looking at the earnings guys like Mervyn King and Robert Thornton have made in less than a year, would be daft to think he couldn't do the same or possibly better.

Some guy on the stars of darts forum who is more often than not bang on, says as many as another three are 'negotiating' with the PDC too.

I'll take a stab:

Wade

Jenkins

King

Taylor

Wonder what the odds are for Taylor to win every game?

Apparently Mark Webster has signed with the PDC to be announced tomorrow. Anderson will be announced next week, but how many times have we heard that? I'll believe it when I see it, but Anderson after looking at the earnings guys like Mervyn King and Robert Thornton have made in less than a year, would be daft to think he couldn't do the same or possibly better.

Some guy on the stars of darts forum who is more often than not bang on, says as many as another three are 'negotiating' with the PDC too.

yep, apparently webster joining the same agency that deals with pdc layers means hes going to join pdc, ill believe it when i see it!

Anderson to be paraded as a pdc player on stage at Ingleston next Thursday then?? :lol:

I hate darts forum, the amount of crap they talk about pdc vs bdo, is hankey a twat, how good am i if i can hit the 20, i hate sid etc, the chat is horrid!!

Edited by tigerton

yep, apparently webster joining the same agency that deals with pdc layers means hes going to join pdc, ill believe it when i see it!

Anderson to be paraded as a pdc player on stage at Ingleston next Thursday then?? :lol:

I hate darts forum, the amount of crap they talk about pdc vs bdo, is hankey a twat, how good am i if i can hit the 20, i hate sid etc, the chat is horrid!!

I rarely post I just read it since its full of cocksuckers but there is some people ITK who use it. Webster's now been listed on the Modus Website under the players section and they only manage players within the PDC.

Edited by MTJ

Guest Berwick till i die

J Wade 4/7

Draw 9/2

J Part 12/5

J Klaasen 6/5

Draw 9/2

T Jenkins 11/10

M King 5/6

Draw 9/2

W Mardle 8/5

Barney 4/1

Draw 5/1

P Taylor 1/3

Wade to beat part 8-5

Klassen and Jenkins 7-7

like wise with King and Mardle as I think King will struggle with the big crowd and will just scrape a draw.

Want Barney to beat Taylor but it will be 8-4 to Taylor.

Apparently Webster will put pen to paper in front of the cameras tonight and Anderson will do the same next week in Edinburgh. Barry Hearn is turning into the Eric Bischoff of darts, gleefully rubbing it right into his lesser off rivals.

Hardly rubbing it in the faces, merely trying to make a big deal of things. Not really a surprise is it ?

Anyhoo, welcome to the Dom Dom guide to the night. I'm really looking forward to this night of darts. Every single match in the DPL has potential, and the night's matches should be good.

Apparently big crowds are new to Klaasen and King. Lets ignore that they've been in the PDC for a while, and Klaasen had a great run at the Ally Pally.

JAMES WADE 7-7 JOHN PART

Over 40 Checkouts

The Machine : 86, 101, 80

Darth Maple : 78, 60, 70

NOTES

* Shifty start from both men. No surprise from Part really, but Wade came out of the blocks in fashion during the players' championships matches.

* Not the best of starts from either man, but Part is picking things up better, and Wade doesn't seem to be able to find an answer right now.

* On a related note, anyone noticing how rugged Wade is looking ? That is bed hair !

* John Part is playing his best darts in a while. He didn't even play this well when he was going on his five leg streak against Dennis Priestley.

* John Part is finishing pretty well here. Wade is going to have to up his game big time if he's going to catch up with Wade. I still think this could be looking good for a draw though. Wonder what the odds have changed to for that.

* That's three times that the camera hasn't got the bull finish.

* Wade has picked things up a wee notch, but is still off his game quite a bit. Part has dropped as well. We could be going to the wire with this one. It's a shame that it'll probably not be the best of matches.

* Better scoring this time from Wade. Shouldn't have gone for the 180 initially as he had the bed blocked, but this is much more promising from The Machine.

* Is it just me or are Sky trying to edit out the crowd singing "Are You Shagging Chamberlain ?".

* 12 darts from Wade to win that leg. That's much better.

* That second dart continues to produce problems. That one that went into the one was miles away from it's target.

* This isn't going to be remembered as one of the better matches to go the distance, that much can be absolutely certain.

* I just want this match to end. It's been pretty bad. It reminds me of Wade's match with Nicholson. Goes quite some distance, but that doesn't hide the fact that it's simply not very good. Some good finishing though.

JELLE KLAASEN 7-7 TERRY JENKINS

Over 40 Checkouts

The Matador : 87, 100

The Bull : 98, 56, 80, 124, 120

NOTES

* I stick by my arguement that if any Wildcard was wrong, it was this one. However, we really needed this guy after what we just seen. Lets pick this up a few notches boys !

* HOLY GENERIC WALK ON MUSIC BATMAN !

* Good start from Klaasen, and we needed a leg like that to open. I really hope Klaasen proves me wrong and if he continues to play like that, I have no doubts that he will.

* Great start to the match, as both men look like they're capable of setting this stage on fire.

* There's something weird about this crowd. They seem to be very subdued untill the players do something. Not like a PL crowd at all.

* That is an absolutely woeful dart from Klaasen there, and pretty much sums up my thoughts on the guy. However, this is a really good match as they go in at all square. Things seemed to take a dip, but the quality doesn't dip too much and both guys are finishing well when they're at their best.

* Good to see Klaasen keeping the spotters and cameramen busy. :lol:

* Klaasen is all over the place at times, and then he comes out and hits a 100+ score right after it. You just never know what this guy is going to throw out of the blocks.

* Jenkins is throwing some quality darts in this match. Just goes to show how well Klaasen has been playing to stick with him.

* You just can't shake this man off, can you ?

* Neither man deserves to lose this. The commentator is right. Absolutely brilliant darts from both men. This is the best I've seen from Terry Jenkins in quite some time as well. These guys are turning it on for the big crowds !

MERVYN KING 8-1 WAYNE MARDLE

Over 40 Checkouts

The King : 47, 50, 72, 56

Hawaii 501 : None.

NOTES

* Mardle has to turn up at his best though. Remember that this guy is either exceptional or bad, and rarely finds a middle ground. So I really can't see a draw here.

* Mardle applauds King. Fans boo King. To be expected. Then again, I don't begrudge the fans booing King. He's a total fanny. At least Mardle has a good nature about him.

* The fans are right behind Mardle, but he doesn't seem to be playing to it. Maybe he should start, as it definately helped him against Thornton at the worlds, and the same with Walsh at the Tavern.

* The amazing thing about this is that Mardle isn't playing bad darts in this match. He's simply playing against a Mervyn King who is on fine form.

* This is ridiculous from King. He's just decimating Mardle here.

* Mervyn King comes out after the break and not much changes for Mardle, as he misses double after double and allows King the chance to come in and extend his lead.

* It's as if Mervyn King doesn't have to even try anymore. He's dropped things considerably, as the averages just showed, and yet, King still seems to be in complete control of the match.

PHIL TAYLOR 8-4 RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD

Over 40 Checkouts

Disco Dave : 55, 125, 43, 101

Barney : 51, 161

NOTES

* I hope they don't have those ridiculous openings every time those guys have a match during this DPL, because it could get very old, very fast.

* I reckon that if Jenkins only hit the 120, Taylor would have had a go at the 121, as it stands, it was 124, and Taylor just played with the advantage.

* Barney nearly nabbing a nine darter, as he throws six perfect darts, but doesn't do anything after that. 51 scored to end the leg though and bring the match level.

* Something has woken the crowd up ... it turns out to be a Mexican wave. I'm not sure that I can even fathom the idiocy of that.

* Jesus christ. What do you darts like that ?

* This is going to be another bad night for Barney against Taylor, and there is no doubt that Taylor is far superior to him now, as if there were any doubts before.

Should point out that I love the really cheesy player intros this time around. Reminds me of monster movies.

Edited by DomDom