Darts...

Sideshow

What a tournament that was, the final, yeah it wasn’t the same standard as we’ve seen in previous rounds but you’ve got to expect nerves come into play.

Obviously even ignoring the “Scotland get battered” stuff which is pleasing to get it right up the Keith’s and Clive’s in that crowd but Peter Wright is just downright a better guy than Smith, even if Smith was from Inverness and Wright was from Chelsea I think I would have wanted Wright to win.

Smith has reached 6 televised finals, and 12 televised semi finals and has a grand total of 0 televised titles, the guy is the biggest bottler known to man, yet consistently moaned to the press when he got dropped from the premier league, the guy is a cock and his tears on the stage were music to my ears.

It really was lovely to see the crowd clearly muted for the trophy being lifted, I do really hope the folk who shelled out hundreds for tickets had their night ruined by a good West Lothian man.

Edited by Les Cabbage

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m still trying to work out how a 31 year old can ‘run out of steam’ playing darts.

To be fair, he is a fat rip.

It’s great to see they’re taking it with their usual good sportsmanship down south of the border.  They wonder why no one wants them to win anything 😂 no mention of the Scotland get battered chants just those pesky Jocks and their flags 🙄 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/darts/peter-wright-slammed-wrapping-scottish-21197853

It’s great to see they’re taking it with their usual good sportsmanship down south of the border.  They wonder why no one wants them to win anything [emoji23] no mention of the Scotland get battered chants just those pesky Jocks and their flags [emoji849] 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/darts/peter-wright-slammed-wrapping-scottish-21197853
...said the Daily Star 362 days ago.

Aye, I know but Devil's Advocate and all that.

I’d delete it as an embarrassing mistake of a post but reading tonight’s meltdown I’ll probably be ok. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Aye, the sentiment is still correct, the crowds appreciation of the winner was pretty poor. Those last three sets were defining of why Wright was clearly a worthy winner.