Darts...

Sideshow

1 minute ago, JMDP said:

Magic darts, that. What's this craic about Smith being a tory, though? Always seems a top guy in interviews.

He's perfectly fine. Probably just more tears from the anti-English brigade.

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Find it odd people saying Anderson isn’t playing well.  By his own admission he’s loving life, spending more time at home and still earning a damn good living.  Still seeded 6th as well and capable of beating anyone.

I’d take that.

He's not averaged a tonne in the tournament until tonight and has been hopeless for the majority of the year. That tonight was the first time he has played close to his best for a long time.

He gets to the latter stages of this tournament every year which keeps him highly ranked but make no mistake he's been off it for a long time in general (something he has admitted himself).

Top match, that. Great scoring from both in the last couple of sets especially.

I like Anderson better, but I think Wright is a better matchup against Smith in the final. He’s slower which will disrupt Smith’s momentum, and is just generally more consistent than Anderson.

Fair play to Wright for breaking the 180s record as well. Usually think of him as a reliable finisher than a power scorer, but he was hammering that treble 20 today.

8 hours ago, dave_binos said:

I was flicking through the channels a few months ago and he was a guest on Soccer AM. Came across as a really sound bloke. I personally like it when he’s delighted at a 180 😂

Aye I thought he comes across well in the interviews that  I've seen. Not what I expected from the way he behaves on the oche 😂 

He defo is OTT with the 180s reactions but it adds a bit of spice to matches being the panto villain.  It's always interesting to see how his opponent reacts to it. Sort of the same as Paul Nicholson used to be until he fell of the face of the earth.