Darts...

Sideshow

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

I know I’m in the minority but I quite like Price. A brilliant darts player who I believe comes across better away from the darts. 

I like Price too. He is a character and gives the matches a bit of needle.  Compared to the boring as f**k Michael Smith. 

2 hours ago, dave_binos said:

I have zero problem with Rydz joining in with the singing. He’s a young guy and as pointed out, if it was a Scottish player joining in with an England chant, we wouldn’t give two hoots. Loved watching him and hopefully he progresses next year. I know I’m in the minority but I quite like Price. A brilliant darts player who I believe comes across better away from the darts. 

Cheers to those who previously replied regarding their experience at different darts events. Is it worth getting tickets for the hydro Premier League? The only tickets left are right at the top. Would like to sample an event but not sure if best just leaving it for another time. 

I'd just go mate. We have been in a pandemic for that long so you may as well kill your curiosity.

Looneytoons will be leading the choir in a rendition of DON'T TAKE ME HOME which will prove to be an excellent atmosphere.

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

I'd just go mate. We have been in a pandemic for that long so you may as well kill your curiosity.

Looneytoons will be leading the choir in a rendition of DON'T TAKE ME HOME which will prove to be an excellent atmosphere.

Spot on mate. Ended up buying a couple of tickets. Looking forward to it. 

Looking forward to tonight and out of all players left I would like James Wade to win outright as he always says it how it is and has been shafted many a time by PDC when prem league players get announced .I know he has bi-polar but i always have liked him ....i do think hr will get out scored by bully boy

If Michael Smith does win and also Gary Anderson then it will be good final .....pretty sure Gary Anderson used to mentor Michael Smith for a good few years when he was younger 

As for the crowds then yes they play a part but can be over the top and like I said James Wade says it best when he says  majority of them there not there to watch the darts

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'm watching the 2005 final on sky at the moment. The biggest difference I've noticed is how quiet the crowd are when the players are throwing.

I noticed the same thing the other day when the 2007 Barney vs Taylor final was on. I guess the tiny capacity at the Circus Tavern meant it was more difficult for the coked up pissheads to get a ticket.

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

This is going down as expected really. A non event. Wade doesn't have the scoring to live with Smith.

Will be lucky to win a set.

Crowd is dead because of it too.

8 hours ago, Acastus said:

I like Price too. He is a character and gives the matches a bit of needle.  Compared to the boring as f**k Michael Smith. 

I was flicking through the channels a few months ago and he was a guest on Soccer AM. Came across as a really sound bloke. I personally like it when he’s delighted at a 180 😂