Darts...

Sideshow

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Personally I thought it was rank rotten mate.

I think it says a lot about the quality of the tournament that Anderson made the final. No doubt he is a brilliant player but he’s been fucked with injuries most of the year and he couldn’t really be arsed playing in most of the tournaments he could have played in, yet he still strolled his was to the final and not even playing that well for the most part.

Edited by PB1994

20 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I think it says a lot about the quality of the tournament that Anderson made the final. No doubt he is a brilliant player but he’s been fucked with injuries most of the year and he couldn’t really be arsed playing in most of the tournaments he could have played in, yet he still strolled his was to the final and not even playing that well for the most part.

Exactly. Also, Chisnall and Bunting did well to reach the semi’s but again, the fact they did says a lot about the standard this year.

Apart from this run Chisnall has done nothing this year. Certainly wasn't deserving of a spot. The nine picks make sense so far and they are clearly holding out for Barney which is rather embarrassing. This comeback is going to bomb.

On 04/01/2021 at 00:09, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Exactly. Also, Chisnall and Bunting did well to reach the semi’s but again, the fact they did says a lot about the standard this year.

Chisnall got to the semis after hitting a 107 average against MvG and 101 against Van der Burgh (who hit 102). Dont really understand how that says anything about the standard tbh. 

I thought there were some great matches in the tournaments including all the QF's, Bunting-Price, Huybrechts-White, Cullen-MvG, etc.

Edited by JMDP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gerywn Price never really got started in his match at the UK Open I watched but didn't need too, still won with a wee bit to spare.