Darts...

Sideshow

The obvious way forward for the BDO is to be a feeder for the PDC with official links to them, Hearn helping them to run it in some way without necessarily financing it at all, perhaps with the BDO champion being offered a tour card for the PDC for 12 months, bypassing Q school. That might keep a few of the better amateurs onside.

No idea if Hearn would go for it though, it's not like there's anyone still in the BDO that he needs.

They should have taken the money years ago. Could have pushed for some guaranteed tour cards or a half-decent position in the overall scheme of things. Now they're just irrelevant.

It's like the Junior thickos refusing to have anything to do with the football pyramid until it's too late and all their decent clubs had already left.

On 04/01/2020 at 10:58, Lee Van Tee said:

Not great odds obviously but if anybody wants free money Lisa Ashton is 4/11 to beat Paula Jacklin 2-0 at the BDO Women's World Championship.

Please gamble irresponsibly.

Managed to also get 5/1 on Lisa Ashton winning 3-0, 3-0. Fantastic value bet, so I've won a good few quid and I'm also delighted to see that classless auld hag Jacklin not even get a shot at a double.  She really is an obnoxious woman and being the wife of the BDO chairman, her behaviour in person and on social media really reflects very badly on the organisation.

A loosener according to Tony O'Shea.
1537772628_BDOloosener.thumb.jpg.c92d047f164cd5b22900141d9e1df3cc.jpg
I'm more likely to watch women's darts than men's in the BDO but this is appalling. Leg won in 43 darts, which makes the standard down the Dog and Duck look like the PDC.
I've watched the BDO for over 30 years and don't think the standard has ever been as poor as it is this year in both the men's and women's tourneys. There has been the odd match where one or both players has played well in parts but I haven't seen anybody play consistently well through a whole match yet.

Ryan Hogarth got scudded 4-0 this afternoon by Jim Williams, with Williams averaging 94.36.

Latest talk is only 23k for the mens  winner.

They must be making a loss every session on this.

Have been very impressed with beau greaves in the womens competition. Would like to see her win it.

Pretty much everyone apart from Ross Montgomery has announced an intention to go to Q school. 

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I've watched the BDO for over 30 years and don't think the standard has ever been as poor as it is this year in both the men's and women's tourneys. There has been the odd match where one or both players has played well in parts but I haven't seen anybody play consistently well through a whole match yet.

Ryan Hogarth got scudded 4-0 this afternoon by Jim Williams, with Williams averaging 94.36.

Average in the last 16 this year was 91.56 with 11 players being 90+ , last year it was 88.90 with 8 players being 90+

15 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Latest talk is only 23k for the mens  winner.

They must be making a loss every session on this.

Have been very impressed with beau greaves in the womens competition. Would like to see her win it.

Pretty much everyone apart from Ross Montgomery has announced an intention to go to Q school. 

I've read elsewhere that Gary Stone, Ross Montgomery and some other player have all in the past few days been quoted different prize money by the BDO.

And the most rank amateur chairman in world sport is utterly incapable of setting things straight.

On the bright side for the competition I think the match tonight between Suzuki and Greaves could be a cracker.  I had a few quid on Suzuki at the start of the tournament but this lassie Greaves is a real talent. Would have made a cracking final this.

As for this afternoon's session, good luck selling more tickets for this lineup - 

Warren v Landman
Ashton v Hammond
Evans v Vandenbogaerde

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Paul Hogan is averaging 98.6 in fairness to him. Would beat a fair few players in the PDC playing like that regularly.

He was averageing 102 until the last leg against Smith-Neale, and well over 100 for the most of the match against Kleermaker

A near 100 average would have you in contention for the World title in any era of the BDO.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Paul Hogan is averaging 98.6 in fairness to him. Would beat a fair few players in the PDC playing like that regularly.

Might be a different story if he had constant power scoring coming back at him though. I've always wondered why he hasn't done more over his career - he's got a cracking, smooth throw.