Darts...

Sideshow

Not a great match this so far. What do we think for Premier League lineup this year? I'd go for:
Michael Van Gerwen
Rob Cross
James Wade
Daryl Gurney
Gerwyn Price
Peter Wright
Nathan Aspinall
Glen Durrant
Gary Anderson
Michael Smith
I think they'll have Lewis. Hopefully rather than Wade.

Think somebody above said they were having the weekly challengers on.

5 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I think they'll have Lewis. Hopefully rather than Wade.

Think somebody above said they were having the weekly challengers on.

The contenders idea was nice on short notice, but it's unnecessary this year so I hope they don't. Adrian Lewis has been pish, deserves to be nowhere near it. James Wade finished 3rd in the table last time so it would be crazy to drop him.

20 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

There's a few good ones.

Alan "Chuck" Norris
Roland "Tripod" Scholten
Denis "The Heat" Ovens

My all time favourite might be snooker player Anthony Hamilton paying homage to his appearance and home town, "The Sheriff of Pottingham".

I never got the Scholten one, does he just have a massive boaby or is there a darts thing in there?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Disappointed in the deletion of my wee darting anecdote by a mod (BWV?) but I accept that my language in description of one particular darts player could be seen as inappropriate.

It wasn't me on this occasion, but, in the spirit of mod solidarity, I should say that calling someone "paedo" isn't really on tbh. Even if it is Phil Taylor.

"Sex pest" is more accurate.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It wasn't me on this occasion, but, in the spirit of mod solidarity, I should say that calling someone "paedo" isn't really on tbh. Even if it is Phil Taylor.

"Sex pest" is more accurate.

I accept this. 

In my defence......

Na f**k it, you all know what my defence is. 

I will use your version in future though as the mod approved Phil Taylor slur. 

The contenders idea was nice on short notice, but it's unnecessary this year so I hope they don't. Adrian Lewis has been pish, deserves to be nowhere near it. James Wade finished 3rd in the table last time so it would be crazy to drop him.
He has, but sky have an obsession with "Jackpot".

If I could have anybody I'd have Steve Beaton. Wouldn't mind him in the premier league either.

37 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It has become a punchline. BDO scores etc.

PDC is about getting pished over Christmas/New Years. BDO is dry January. Or the bad hangover of darts.

Mid 2000s when Barney left and the PDC prize money went above the BDO was the end for them. Been on life support for close to a decade.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Gary Anderson to withdraw and Fallon Sherrock in for PL.

Aye, as we were talking about on Saturday, I don't think we will see Anderson in the Premier League unless he's offered a massive amount of money. He doesn't have the same fire in his belly now that he's won his World titles and the Premier League. He doesn't enjoy the travel involved in the Premier League and I think he'll take a lot of convincing to play in it year on year. 

Onto tonight's action, I'm glad we're all absolutely delighted to see that roided up arsehole get battered about the oche. I'm not a huge fan of Wright but I was right behind him tonight. For some reason I've warmed to MVG over the last wee while, possibly as a result of all the Little Englander arseholes in the crowd giving him stick. The crowds at darts have definitely got worse over the last few years. I've never went to the darts, when I do go I reckon I'll go to Aberdeen for the Premier League or Dublin for the Grand Prix. The Premier League in Glasgow's just a nedfest. 

I don't really mind who wins the final tomorrow, hopefully it's a cracker.