Darts...

Sideshow

On 02/08/2019 at 17:23, The Naitch said:

The BDO World Championship is moving to Indigo at the O2.

For all the flak the Lakeside gets I think it’s a shame it’s no longer going to be held there.

What’s the Indigo capacity? I know they put on some mid level boxing nights in there but it looks quite small. Guarantee to change the atmosphere as well, possibly for the better. 

Silly question...  I know the boy's a mixture of Joey Barton and Anthony Stokes...  with a wee bit of Benny fae Crossroads, Gripper fae Grange Hill and extras fae "Deliverance" thrown in... but does anyone know what state Corey Cadby's likely to be in over the next three weeks? He's 28/1 with Victor for Brisbane this weekend. 

("Queensland this week, Victoria next week and NZ over the Bank Holiday" is not the correct answer.)

21 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Guarantee to change the atmosphere as well, possibly for the better. 

Have a horrible feeling that the atmosphere will not be changing for the better. Not really surprised by the move though, the Lakeside looked less than half full until the semi finals this year. 

On 06/08/2019 at 21:56, trainspotter said:

Have a horrible feeling that the atmosphere will not be changing for the better. Not really surprised by the move though, the Lakeside looked less than half full until the semi finals this year. 

The Lakeside has well and truly had its day in my opinion. In comparison to the PDC World Champs it looks like it’s been organised with a weeks notice and held in a hotels conference room. 

It’s been batted about several TV stations the past few years as well as more and more people just don’t want to watch it and I can’t blame them, as apart from maybe 3 or 4 players the standard is very poor. I don’t see it working at all as the BDO just don’t have the money or the players to get fans interested. 

Wise decision to hold fire on Cadby. Averaged 87 and was horsed 6-1 by the alleged Hibs fan, who averaged 101.  

Heta and Kyle Anderson the two locals through. Heta averaged 86 but edged past Wade. Big Kyle also averaged 86 in edging Snakebite. 

Edited by Victor von Doom

Squeaky bum time there. Heta 7-4 up; Anderson comfortable hold; Heta failed to hold with three match-darts to check-out on 32, so Anderson back to 6-7; Anderson missed three at tops to take it to a deciding leg and Heta stepped in for an 8-6 win at 8/1. Heta averaged 92 and 8/23 finishing; Anderson averaged 91 but only 6/30 for doubles. Jetlag could be a terrible thing when I used to live in Sydney in my youth, never mind at Gary Anderson's age. 

Whitlock 1/3 v. Damon Heta.

Cross 8/13 v. Gurney.

Interesting darts, but I've a fitba match to attend... though it won't be as perplexing as Footscray 21.11 (137), Essendon 1.8 (14) with 10 minutes to play. That's a bit like Man.Utd or Citeh losing 10-1 to Burnley.   

Lots of interest in these events on here!

Damon Heta went in at 150/1 in Brisbane on Saturday, beating Wade, Gary Anderson, Whitlock and Cross. He's a standout 66/1 with Skybet this week, as the action moves 1,000 miles south to Melbourne. He's generally only 33/1. There are worse 66/1 bets around in sixteen-runner events - Morton are 66/1 for the League Cup in places!

Draw not out yet. MvG is 7/4 in a couple of places, including Hill's. 5/1 Cross, 6/1 Snakebite, 7/1 the alleged spoonburner, 16/1 Wade and Gurney (both maybe worth a look), 25/1 the Wizard, 33/1 Big Kyle and Big Corey, 50/1 Barney, 66/1 Heta, 250/1 Bailey, 275/1 Puha, 300/1 Pusey, 500/1 Robbie King and Mick Lacey, with the line-up of local stiffs having changed from last week. 

typo

1 hour ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Massive shock that no-ones interested in glorified exhibition events taking place at about 6am UK time.

It was on at lunchtime on Saturday. Brisbane is 9 hours ahead. So is Melbourne. Ideal time to watch before going to football, though I had to head off to a game before the semis. It's live on Bet365, amongst other places. $35,000 for two days' work is a fair wedge to an Aussie, so the locals will be trying. I doubt anyone forced the leading players to go. Bully Boy, Price and Suljovic aren't down there. I doubt those that have gone over will be drinking 20 tinnies of Castlemaine XXXX or Foster's on a daily basis, pigging-out on Tim-Tams with Vegemite, surfing, watching AFL or NRL, sticking shrimps and abos on the barbie or watching box DVD sets of Neighbours, Skippy, Prisoner Cell Block H, Kath & Kim, Home & Away or the 1991 Rugby World Cup instead of hitting the practice boards. The Premier League is a glorified exhibition event. This is proper darts.   

16 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Proper darts. :lol:

Naff off mate. It's an invitational event.

They are not invitational, at least as far as I know. The PDC lot are invited to play, but the top 8 appear to be pressured to go down there to some extent. (Top 7 as Barney is on a farewell global tour.) Melbourne in August is not Barbados. The locals have to qualify through various tournaments. You can say anything other than an open event is "invitational."

typo