Darts...

Sideshow

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Just wondering, what has happened to Wes Newton? Didn't he even qualify this year?

Always hated him but can't remember a consistently good (in relative terms) player falling off the radar so rapidly.

Not dissimilar to what happened with Colin Lloyd, I think the game just overtook him while he stood still.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Can't be doing with Chisnall. No real reason why, I just think his face is boring.

Quite the contrary for me, he looks like a younger version of a guy I used to work with who has one of the driest, most deadpan senses of humour I've ever encountered. So I have him pinned as a good egg.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Not dissimilar to what happened with Colin Lloyd, I think the game just overtook him while he stood still.

Yeah, Jaws was actually even worse. He was world number one at one point when Taylor was picking and choosing select events.

Quite the contrary for me, he looks like a younger version of a guy I used to work with who has one of the driest, most deadpan senses of humour I've ever encountered. So I have him pinned as a good egg.

Next time you see the guy you used to work with, tell him I don't like his face.

Chisnall will never win a world title because he can't count to save himself. As soon as a dart lands in the wrong segment he hasn't a clue what he has left, so he dithers about on the oche thinking about it, and then eventually asks the referee how much he has left (which shouldn't be allowed IMO).

There's a few that have fallen off the face of the earth in recent times. Newton, Andy Hamilton and my favourite, Colin Osborne. All wanks. Happy days.

Met Chizzy a few times and played him once (lost 4-0...) and can confirm he is not a nice person. Him, Bunting and Michael Smith always played in the same leagues in St Helens. Bunting and Smith are 2 of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

1 hour ago, tigerton said:

There's a few that have fallen off the face of the earth in recent times. Newton, Andy Hamilton and my favourite, Colin Osborne. All wanks. Happy days.

Met Chizzy a few times and played him once (lost 4-0...) and can confirm he is not a nice person. Him, Bunting and Michael Smith always played in the same leagues in St Helens. Bunting and Smith are 2 of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Ahh, Ozzy. What a smug c**t he was.

3 hours ago, tigerton said:

Paul Nicholson as well. Though it's debatable if he was ever anything other than a glorified jobber