Doner Kebab For Lunch

Swampy

A few times in the past few years I have gone to 'Oasis' in Greenock and had a doner kebab for lunch. This is apparently frowned upon - people say it's post-pub food only. I really don't understand that. As fast food goes a doner kebab really isn't THAT unacceptable.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kebabs are a bit too messy for a lunchtime snack. It's perfect as post pub food as it doesn't matter how messy you get and it fills you up nicely, although it does give you dog breath in the morning, even after cleaning your teeth the night before.

Kebabs are a bit too messy for a lunchtime snack. It's perfect as post pub food as it doesn't matter how messy you get and it fills you up nicely, although it does give you dog breath in the morning, even after cleaning your teeth the night before.

I buy it with separate salad and sauce and take it home.

The reason I'm posting this now is that I'm heavily considering doing so today.

In which case I find it acceptable but strange.

As long as it's acceptable. I require the approval of P&B before I do this.

edit: i'm not even being sarcastic

also TGG is about to say that kebabs are healthy, watch:

Not really for lunch, but I often get a kebab when my house has takeaway evening, I don't understand the people who call them post pub food only. After all, they are tasty, filling, and no worse than getting a chippie or a curry.

If you were to have it on a plate, with a knife and fork, then yes it would be acceptable.

Otherwise having it at lunch would make you a tramp.

You could also try sneaking it into Firhill today, and eat it cold, to the envy of the supporters surrounding you.

As long as it's acceptable. I require the approval of P&B before I do this.

edit: i'm not even being sarcastic

also TGG is about to say that kebabs are healthy, watch:

How about some crisps as a nice side salad. If you get onion crisps, that's double healthy.

If you were to have it on a plate, with a knife and fork, then yes it would be acceptable.

Otherwise having it at lunch would make you a tramp.

You could also try sneaking it into Firhill today, and eat it cold, to the envy of the supporters surrounding you.

I would try the last part but a steward would probably confiscate it.

It is?

So liking a kebab every few weeks instead of a curry is the same as calling them healthy?? :unsure:

You have form for this.

You have form for this.

In the words of peter grant, evidence please?

ps. anything older than 2 years or so is not admissible, as I may have believed that when I was young, but that was eons ago! Since then I've learnt a lot about food.

Archived