Golfers Thread

Gaz

One of my old courses had an introductory offer for members at a cheaper rate, caused outrage amongst existing members.

It's not just the committee's that need to realise it's a business but existing members too. Without new blood the courses don't get improvements they need or worse, go out of business.

One of my old courses had an introductory offer for members at a cheaper rate, caused outrage amongst existing members.

It's not just the committee's that need to realise it's a business but existing members too. Without new blood the courses don't get improvements they need or worse, go out of business.

I was Secretary of a bowling club for a while and we had a £50 joining fee, although that did include a few things like the club tie, blazer badge etc. Trying to reduce it was a nightmare as a lot of the members attitude was exactly that, "I paid it, every other bugger can pay it too!"

I was Secretary of a bowling club for a while and we had a £50 joining fee, although that did include a few things like the club tie, blazer badge etc. Trying to reduce it was a nightmare as a lot of the members attitude was exactly that, "I paid it, every other bugger can pay it too!"

£50 is nothing but when clubs are essentially looking for the equivalent of 2 or 3 years up front then they are taking the piss.

I see the loathsome c*** that is Steve Williams has a book out, in which he claims that Tiger treated him like a slave when he worked for him. The highest paid slave in history no doubt, earning around $9 million when he was carrying his bag for him.

I see the loathsome c*** that is Steve Williams has a book out, in which he claims that Tiger treated him like a slave when he worked for him. The highest paid slave in history no doubt, earning around $9 million when he was carrying his bag for him.

I wonder if the phrase ' like a slave ' was his genius idea to get plenty of publicity or his agents? Bawbag of the highest order.

Poor Steve. Imagine that bad Tiger forcing him to become one of New Zealand sport's biggest earners. You can tell he hates the lifestyle by the way he avoids the limelight at all costs.

Any thoughts on Galvin Green jackets?

Their reputation seems to be faultless other than cost but they don't seem to expensive compared to other gore tex jackets on the market.

I have had a set of GG waterproofs for 6 years, playing in all sorts of ridiculous weather, and haven't needed to re-waterproof them yet.

The only thing I'd suggest is they can get a bit sweaty, so don't wear too many layers under them.

Russell Knox has become the first Scot to win a WGC event today in Shanghai. Good stuff.

Well placed in latest USPGA tournament in Mexico to win back to back events. Joint leader with G Mac with 6 holes to go in final round. Bad weather on Sunday so Monday finish.

Another tremendous effort.

Knox bogeys the last to end up in a 3 way tie with G-Mac and Bohn. Just about to get underway on SS4.

G-Mac wins at the first extra hole with a birdie after he almost holed his second shot.

Pity for Knox but great couple of weeks for him. He had already made 31 in world rankings after last week so will be even higher now.

Also should be leading Fedex rankings as things stand after today.

Have always liked GMac so pleased for him to win after a pretty barren spell.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Pity for Knox but great couple of weeks for him. He had already made 31 in world rankings after last week so will be even higher now.

Also should be leading Fedex rankings as things stand after today.

Have always liked GMac so pleased for him to win after a pretty barren spell.

Yep, Knox goes top of the FedEx pile, G-Mac is about 7th. I too like him and glad to see him get his first win for a couple of years, that accent though!