Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

*Chef's Kiss* x3

I wonder if his various bottle jobs have contributed to him being such an utterly bitter man.

Ten years before his Masters collapse, he similarly shat it in every major in the 86 season bar The Open which he managed to win. He shot 75 to go from leading the US Open to finishing 12th on the last day, took a 5 from the middle of the last at Augusta to lose to Nicklaus and hilariously shot 76 at the USPGA. Obvs everyone remembers that for Bob Tway holing out but forgets Norman's fucking awful last round. Larry Mize of course did the same in the 87 Masters. However The 96 Masters was truly the bottle job to end all bottle jobs. I actually wanted him to win back then because nobody liked Faldo but Norman just completely and visibly wilted against him. I'm he missed at least five putts from inside 6 feet. 

One of those putts looked no more than 2 feet and as you say there were plenty other close range ones he missed. As soon as Faldo got within 3 shots he totally collapsed, and then crowned it all by missing the 16th green about 20 yards to the left and finding the water. Possibly the worst tee shot I've seen on that hole. I can remember watching it all at the time but it's only watching it back you realise how bad it actually was. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

One of those putts looked no more than 2 feet and as you say there were plenty other close range ones he missed. As soon as Faldo got within 3 shots he totally collapsed, and then crowned it all by missing the 16th green about 20 yards to the left and finding the water. Possibly the worst tee shot I've seen on that hole. I can remember watching it all at the time but it's only watching it back you realise how bad it actually was. 

12 was the one that really killed him. Double bogey after dumping it in the creek.

It's amazing how few of them listen to Jack Nicklaus's advice, and just hit it over the middle of the bunker on Sunday

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

12 was the one that really killed him. Double bogey after dumping it in the creek.

It's amazing how few of them listen to Jack Nicklaus's advice, and just hit it over the middle of the bunker on Sunday

Aye, he was already a couple behind by the 16th so that was pretty irrelevant in terms of the destination of the green jacket. 

55 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

This was recommended today. Good watch 

I know he finished and he will struggle to make a cut, never mind contend in a tournament but let’s take a minute to appreciate that Tiger is playing close to par golf on a very hard course while only having 1 good leg!