Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Anyone out there a member of either Kinross, Piperdam or Drumoig?

Looking at where I'm going to play next season and looking for a bit of info about comps/facilities etc at the above clubs.

If you use HowDidIDo you can get info on fixtures and results for the vast majority of UK clubs by using the drop-down menu on their website - just select Club Directory.

I can't vouch for the other 2, but I play at Drumoig several times a year and, having spoken to the starters there a few times, I know they struggle to get more than 30 playing in a club comp. It's certainly not hard to get a weekend tee time there. I'd imagine Kinross must have far more playing in their comps than that.

1 hour ago, funky_nomad said:

If you use HowDidIDo you can get info on fixtures and results for the vast majority of UK clubs by using the drop-down menu on their website - just select Club Directory.

I can't vouch for the other 2, but I play at Drumoig several times a year and, having spoken to the starters there a few times, I know they struggle to get more than 30 playing in a club comp. It's certainly not hard to get a weekend tee time there. I'd imagine Kinross must have far more playing in their comps than that.

Kinross seems to have an extremely good range of competitions on the go at least three days a week every week - and an excellent website to find that info on!

Drumoig is a superb course, it's just a little bit further away from home than the other two but for what I'm looking for it would be excellent value. I'm keen to maintain/reduce my handicap this year and with my shift pattern it helps me an awful lot to be able to get occasional/regular midweek games on the go. Kinross definitely offers that as far as I can tell and has the handy bonus of having two full 18 hole courses!

Just finished Full Swing. Other than Dahmen I didn't really come away with any new thoughts on anyone. Rory is the boy and him laughing at Reed was probably the highlight. 

Finau, Spieth, Fitzpatrick, Dahmen all came across well. 

Scheffler, Morikawa and Thomas very dull. Koepka like a teenager. DJ trying to find 7 different ways to say it's the money. 

Poulter though, oaft. 

6 minutes ago, Bodie said:

FFS. The PGA Tour is run by clowns.

I don't think the group format has ever really worked but there absolutely should be room in the schedule for a matchplay event. No doubt that this is another decision driven by their desire to have the best players playing all 4 days. 

34 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't think the group format has ever really worked but there absolutely should be room in the schedule for a matchplay event. No doubt that this is another decision driven by their desire to have the best players playing all 4 days. 

I would agree that the group stages aren't great.

I've said before that they should make the Tour Championship matchplay rather than the handicap nonsense they have at East Lake. Top 12 qualify with the top 4 seeded and getting a bye to the quarter finals.

I don't really buy this "Mastercard want the best players there" shite. Does Scottie Scheffler boring his way to another tour victory get more media coverage than someone from outside the top 50 having the weekend of his life and winning his first event? Sponsors just want more people watching and with golf I'm not sure many turn off if Rory or one of the top guys has a bad week.