Golfers Thread

Gaz

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/i-just-wanted-to-get-a-couple-of-tour-starts-robert-rock-signs-off-tour-career

Decent wee article about Robert Rock here. Always comes across as one of the good guys. 

Good article on a pro that I always liked (maybe it was for not wearing a hat as he didnt like wearing them and so no need to advertise someone elses business)  Great that he recognises Paul Lawrie as the model pro - for what he has done for juniors etc over the years - and wishes to emulate that.

Keopka crying that he's just starting to play well and LIV only has one event left before a "whole bunch of time off". It's been some year for the lying shitehawk, first saying LIV would get their men as golfers would "sell out" in February before selling out and joining LIV in June, at which point he cited injury that wouldn't clear up and the chance to spend more time with his family as his reasons for leaving the PGA, only for him to now greet that there isn't enough events for him to play his best golf. I thought hebwas a moron before all this but he really out-morons himself every time he speaks. 

On 15/10/2022 at 13:28, lichtie23 said:

Iv got a doubles final tomorrow and then I’m shutting it down for the winter. Really not enjoying my golf just now, each round is a real slog. 

A 2&1 win to make us the clubs doubles champions. I nice end to a pretty erratic season. 

chuffed 

Connor Syme doubled the first hole at the Mallorca Open today and then played the next 17 holes in 10 under. 
Yannick Paul had a chance for a 59 after playing the first 11 holes in 9 under but parred in from there for a 62.
Paul had an up and down 1 over round of 72 today, but hung on to win by a shot.

Ewen Ferguson had another top 10, a poor back 9 cost Connor Syme a similar finish.

Ferguson is now 13th on the DPWT rankings, MacIntyre 15th, Syme 28th and Ramsay 28th. It's been ages (if ever) since 4 Scots were that high up the rankings at this time of year.

I don’t want to promote violence lads but see these old dicks who play slow and don’t let you through…..they should be smashed across the skull with a 5 iron. Completely unacceptable the pace of play at my course this morning. Towards the end I asked to play through (I never usually asked) and the old duffer just laughed. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t want to promote violence lads but see these old dicks who play slow and don’t let you through…..they should be smashed across the skull with a 5 iron. Completely unacceptable the pace of play at my course this morning. Towards the end I asked to play through (I never usually asked) and the old duffer just laughed. 

There's a group of old c***s at my club who see it as a badge of honour that they never let anyone through.

There are also a few that think there is a rule that you don't let folk through in a competition, so end up holding up the entire medal continuing to look for their obviously lost balls instead of letting the group of boys who are all off low single figures through

24 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:
It’s bang out of order. I put my concern on the club Facebook page and a good few folk have agreed. 

That's all you can really do and hope they take heed, but in my experience c***s like that are utterly shameless.

The folk defending it are the culprits! You can’t win against these c***s