Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

That’s me now played Lenzie, Kirkintilloch, and Bishopbriggs all for the first time, in a two week spell of great weather. Will definitely stick my name in for the Kirkintilloch and Bishopbriggs Senior Opens next season. Both in great condition. Like most ‘normal’ courses, a couple of bland holes here and there, and I didn’t like the 4th hole at Bishopbriggs, but mostly really excellent courses. The stretch at Bishopbriggs from the 14th thru 17th are brilliant holes. 18th is more straightforward, but a nice finishing hole. Won’t play Lenzie again, that hill up their 5th hole. It’s a killer. 🫣

Would strongly advise trying East Renfrew. We played it once and loved it. But get a buggy, it's a hell of a walk.

On 15/09/2022 at 18:51, peasy23 said:

Topgolf at Rutherglen taking shape. I hit a wild high slice with driver today which would have tested the limits of the fence, especially if I was on the top tier.

Went past yesterday on the way back from Greenock 

BB465F55-1418-4A0B-9240-BC51467BE1BF.jpeg

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hayston, across the road from Kirkie, is a cracker as well

Played it a couple of times years ago, scudded the clubhouse with a horrible hook on the last.

I can remember watching the ball in the air thinking there's a lot of glass in that building, and praying that the ball hit stone instead, which fortunately it did. 😂