Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played a round yesterday. On the last 3 holes I had a wee shot of my mates driver. 12 degree loft effort. Ripped 3 drives in a row straight down the middle. I think I am going to be forced to invest.

Shall soon be heading to American Golf and asking them to show me the drivers for dummies section.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Played a round yesterday. On the last 3 holes I had a wee shot of my mates driver. 12 degree loft effort. Ripped 3 drives in a row straight down the middle. I think I am going to be forced to invest.

Shall soon be heading to American Golf and asking them to show me the drivers for dummies section.

Don't forget that if you go and buy one the same it will be yours and therefore won't have any of the 'hitting someone else's club' accuracy bonus . 

12 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Don't forget that if you go and buy one the same it will be yours and therefore won't have any of the 'hitting someone else's club' accuracy bonus . 

Absolutely aware that there is no limit in what I can spend here to end up with a "forgiving" club that ends up living in the garage, in the shadow of its driver forefathers

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely aware that there is no limit in what I can spend here to end up with a "forgiving" club that ends up living in the garage, in the shadow of its driver forefathers

Can highly recommend my driver, which this morning hit 11 of 14 fairways, and missing 2 others by a combined total of about a yard.

My irons were less efficient, hitting 5 of 18 greens, only one of which was from those 11 fairways. My putter and I are also no longer on speaking terms.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can highly recommend my driver, which this morning hit 11 of 14 fairways, and missing 2 others by a combined total of about a yard.

My irons were less efficient, hitting 5 of 18 greens, only one of which was from those 11 fairways. My putter and I are also no longer on speaking terms.

Il PM you my address and you can send it on over then mate. 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Played a round yesterday. On the last 3 holes I had a wee shot of my mates driver. 12 degree loft effort. Ripped 3 drives in a row straight down the middle. I think I am going tto be forced to invest.

This is the best one

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/taylormade-300-golf-mini-driver?___store=snainton&gclid=CjwKCAjwsMGYBhAEEiwAGUXJae8QS1oT7wkUg44NWCy7-SkEb-QAdQr0uvmXlCCUk50ipZMLPQmrLBoCsGIQAvD_BwE

Into the semi finals of the clubs doubles comp after a nice 3&2 win over 2 really decent players last night. Played ok and worked well with my partner. More of a strategic approach seemed to work. 

Thats us in both the Doubles and Greensomes semi finals. 

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Into the semi finals of the clubs doubles comp after a nice 3&2 win over 2 really decent players last night. Played ok and worked well with my partner. More of a strategic approach seemed to work. 

Thats us in both the Doubles and Greensomes semi finals. 

Good play. 
I’m into the semi-finals of the Veterans Trophy (over 55s) at my club. I’m giving my opponent 20 (twenty) shots in the next tie 😳

Ewen Ferguson just edged into 2nd place in Denmark by Oliver Wilson. 

A bit disappointing but continues his superb season. Now 11th in the RTD standings. 

Bob finished tied 12th but its a step in the right direction form wise with a couple of big events coming up. 

Just watched the highlights and Wilson holed a couple of 60ft monsters in the last half dozen holes. When Ferguson finished he was clubhouse leader but Wilson birdied the 16th and 17th. Not much you can do about that. 
Ferguson had chances that just slipped past on a couple of holes late on.

On 01/09/2022 at 16:21, peasy23 said:
On 01/09/2022 at 12:10, doulikefish said:
Ewen Ferguson leading at 8 under and Boab in with a -6 so good stuff from the scots so far in himmerland 

If the two of them tank after this then it's all on you.

Decent week for both or in boabs case...finally 

On 31/08/2022 at 17:13, peasy23 said:

I’ve only ever played alongside one person that I am 99 percent sure was cheating in all the time I’ve played golf. It really is such a self defeating act to try and cheat at the game, what possible satisfaction can you take from any success when you fully well know you have cheated your playing partners?

The guy in question was a friend of a friend who had tagged along to make up the 4 ball when we had a tee time at Turnberry. Any time his drive went in to thick rough he would always sit his bag down near the fringe of where the thick rough started, and then start looking for the ball in a 10 yard radius round his bag, even when everyone had seen the line his ball had taken. He would always march ahead off the tee and a surprising amount of times he would find his ball before anyone had a chance to give him a hand looking for it. The game was only for 20 quid or something daft like that, so I wouldn’t like to know what he gets up to when it’s more serious. Me and my pal had sussed out what he was doing before we had even reached the back 9, it was genuinely sad to see. 

45 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Contrast that with the 18 LIV players who will rock up at Wentworth next week who will be doing other players out of a place in the field who might desperately need the money and ranking points.

That’s actually a pretty classy move by Watson, imo, he could have as easily hung on to his card like some others. Some people had tagged him on Twitter alerting him to the fact that Schmidt and 3 others sat just outside the KFT finals, and Watson replied at the time saying that he had resigned his card and it was up to the PGA after that, so good to see the guy got his chance. 

7A53F811-4E6E-4FE4-A2D6-B96A1234A017.jpeg

Watched a wee bit of the bonesaw last night due to nothing else being on. Unfortunately the product was pretty good and I reckon it’s here to stay. You see a lot of golf and the team format definitely has legs as it means a birdie from the guy 30th can actually mean something. I switched off before the end so it didn’t grab my attention too much but, yeah, I feel dirty. 

the backslapping and constant THIS IS SO MUCH FUN from the commentators is pretty grating and they show shots that seem like replays from weird angles that are actually “live”. Not sure why they call the leaderboard a pylon either. The shotgun start isn’t great either, quite hard to programme your brain to it when you see player x on 3 near the end

Edited by Tartan Dave