Golfers Thread

Gaz

Hope for us all.

Tiger shoots 85 (13 over) today. His worst round as a pro.

He didn't start too badly going +2 for the first 7 holes, but he completely imploded after that going 11 over for the next 11. Never been his biggest fan but it really is painful to watch.

He didn't start too badly going +2 for the first 7 holes, but he completely imploded after that going 11 over for the next 11. Never been his biggest fan but it really is painful to watch.

Yeh I`m the same, always admired his fantastic ability but never a favourite of mine.

There is always a mix of amusement, incredulity and pain in watching the disintegration of an all time great.

Yeh I`m the same, always admired his fantastic ability but never a favourite of mine.

There is always a mix of amusement, incredulity and pain in watching the disintegration of an all time great.

John Huggan summed it up perfectly for me, he described Tiger as playing the best golf anyone has ever played, but that Nicklaus was still the best golfer ever.

I'm inclined to agree with some of the journos that Tiger is only playing because he has a minimum number of tournaments that he is contractually obliged to play in by his sponsors. It is pure car crash TV, you can't take your eyes off it.

Started to get back into golf after missing most of last year through work and most of this through injury. Played 36 holes and been to the driving range in the last 10 days.

With technology being what it is, do folk use apps or programs now to keep track of their scoring / stats progress? If so, which ones?

When I was younger I used to have a notebook where I would make a note of what I scored, how many fairways / greens I hit, number of putts etc but guessing you're able to do this electronically now- at the very least I'll probably start to bung them on a spreadsheet.

Started to get back into golf after missing most of last year through work and most of this through injury. Played 36 holes and been to the driving range in the last 10 days.

With technology being what it is, do folk use apps or programs now to keep track of their scoring / stats progress? If so, which ones?

When I was younger I used to have a notebook where I would make a note of what I scored, how many fairways / greens I hit, number of putts etc but guessing you're able to do this electronically now- at the very least I'll probably start to bung them on a spreadsheet.

post-21072-14338865278785_thumb.jpg

I use an app called GolfShot and its brilliant. Admittedly I don't use it to its full potential but you can do Fairways/greens hit. You can also select which club you've hit and it tracks how far you're hitting each club, again I'm not using it anywhere near to its potential but it's great.

Just rejoined monifieth last week after a couple years off. Got a new driver at Christmas and its made a huge difference. Keeping the ball in play off the tee makes so much difference to your score. I need to get a couple cards in for a handicap but don't know anyone/play with anyone at the club so going to have to ask someone nicely in the club of theyll come round with me.

2 rounds at Callander today ahead of the long day challenge next week. Should be good.

Also, cheers to distant doonhamer for the donation, much appreciated.

The 15th is one of the best holes I've played. 121 yard par 3, sounds simple. 3 of us had 2 attempts each and none of us hit the green on it. Very intimidating.

post-7957-14343860786943_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd put this on here if anyone was looking for a driver or a spare. Mizuno mp600 10'5. Excellent condition. I bought this to keep as a back up but I've bought new clubs the klast couple years and its just been sitting about. Got the cover and the weight key. Its a really good solid driver £25 pick up in west lothian or an extra fiver for delivery. Its probably worth more but I can't be bothered with ebay

post-28654-14344020589556_thumb.jpg

post-28654-14344020678436_thumb.jpg

post-28654-14344020769022_thumb.jpg

Does anyone were the casual shoes with no spikes i.e Adidas Adicross?

Are they good, do you get into clubhouses with these on?

I wear spikeless Nike shoes and have had no bother in any clubhouses and I've been at Gleneagles and St. Andrews in the past few weeks so I don't imagine you having to much trouble unless they were absolutely caked in mud or something like that.

A take it the grip is good in wet weather etc, a think I am going to buy a pair but just got a wee hanging doubt in my mind that I will slide all over the course, like the idea you put a pair of shoes on in your house and take them of when you get back home, no need to change and carry about another pair. Thats the laziness in me, just bought a Powacaddy FW5 electric trolley as well which I wish I had done years ago, magic tool for the job!!!

Yeah they are good for that no running about changing shoes. To be honest I haven't really had them on the course when it's been properly wet but I have hadno problems at all so far on damp grass. I got a pair half price on the Nike website so got quite a good deal.