Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

Cam Young the latest to be linked.

Is that the new Liv ploy get all 48 with the first name cam?

Strange that there lawyer mentioned yesterday that the 48 slots were already filled for next year 

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Is that the new Liv ploy get all 48 with the first name cam?

Strange that there lawyer mentioned yesterday that the 48 slots were already filled for next year 

If the lawyer was telling the truth I'm assuming the 48 would include players like Smith who aren't yet announced. 

I wonder how long they can justify continuing to include Chase Koepka for no reason other than to keep Brooks happy. 

10 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

So that's Smith, Young, Cantlay, Hideki, Scott and Leishman and possibly a couple more probably away after the FedEx. A shite state of affairs.

The professional game is eating itself.

f**k, Cantlay as well?

I suppose if nothing else it serves to identify the greediest most unprincipled c***s currently plying their trade in professional golf. 

Bubba resigned from the pga tour even though he is injured and didn't need too but because it allows an extra 3 player's into the Korn ferry so at least he is doing the right thing that way.

I'm still trying to work out how 1 out allows 3 in but hey ho 

Ps.It's all to do with rankings and it also allows Jonas blixt in aswell

Edited by doulikefish

Seething 
IMG_20220811_140913.thumb.jpg.04a3748166489cdd41763cc5765832c7.jpg
I had similar the other day. 160 yard uphill Par 3. Based on the shape of my tee shot, and where the ball finished up, it must have rolled past within an absolute whisker of a hole in 1.

2 putt par.

Was probably the best tee shot I have ever hit.

Just struck me today that Richard Bland was playing in the DP World Tour event, checking back this is the first time he has played since joining LIV. Unsurprisingly Poulter (and Harding) have been nowhere to be seen since their court action allowed them to play in the Scottish Open. The third player was Otaguie who played the Hero and Cazoo opens but gives this week a pass.

23 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

Cam Young the latest to be linked.

It's a no from him being widely reported methinks the initial court case will have a few thinking if they haven't actually signed the contract 

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Just struck me today that Richard Bland was playing in the DP World Tour event, checking back this is the first time he has played since joining LIV. Unsurprisingly Poulter (and Harding) have been nowhere to be seen since their court action allowed them to play in the Scottish Open. The third player was Otaguie who played the Hero and Cazoo opens but gives this week a pass.

Noticed that as well. Does that mean he's been told his services are no longer required by LIV? 

27 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

It's a no from him being widely reported methinks the initial court case will have a few thinking if they haven't actually signed the contract 

Aye, hopefully he stays. It's young studs like him that the PGA should be worried most about losing.

I think quite a few will be thinking twice now. Agents and managers on maybe 10-20% will have had those dollar signs in their eyes and Norman whispering in their ears that it'll all be fine. 

1 hour ago, Stringer Bell said:

Aye, hopefully he stays. It's young studs like him that the PGA should be worried most about losing.

I think quite a few will be thinking twice now. Agents and managers on maybe 10-20% will have had those dollar signs in their eyes and Norman whispering in their ears that it'll all be fine. 

Norman telling Sergio the PGA could not and would not ban anyone, and asking for it in writing, then the PGA subsequently putting it in writing has been one of the highlights of this saga so far. We just need the judges to rule appropriately and we should hopefully see a very public collapse of what is left of Greg Normans career. 

Norman telling Sergio the PGA could not and would not ban anyone, and asking for it in writing, then the PGA subsequently putting it in writing has been one of the highlights of this saga so far. We just need the judges to rule appropriately and we should hopefully see a very public collapse of what is left of Greg Normans career. 

Yep, the text message he sent Sergio saying that the PGA Tour couldn't ban anyone for a day never mind life was included in the court papers.

It was a strange comment for Norman to make as it seems to be fairly common knowledge that some players have served bans in the past that the PGA Tour kept under the radar.

I know a lot of sportsmen aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but there seem to be a lot of players who have only listened to the bits they wanted to hear.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Unfortunately I think LIV is here to stay in one form or another. As long as it's causing disruption, Norman, the Saudi's and Trump will continue to push it. The big questions are the lawsuit, the OWGR and if the PGA can stem the bleeding of players moving over.