Golfers Thread

Gaz

Even though I'm playing dugshite, totally agree re the modern irons. I got fitted a while back for Ping i500s and the difference between my old set of cavity backs and their Ping equivalents on Trackman was mental. 10-15 yards further per stick and total mishits apart, all reasonably well grouped.

Weirdly though the best irons i ever had were a set of MD Superstrong Forged irons around 2005. They were fitted with Apollo Balistik X shafts and the distances i could hit them were ridiculous. The 3 and 4 irons off the tee were absolute weapons and i basically didn't need to carry a fairway wood. I tried another couple of sets I got on ebay years later but they were never the same. 

A few changes to the OWGR that kick in right away.

Strength of field will now be calculated on all the players in the field, rather than just the highest 50 in the rankings. Any player who makes a cut will now also get ranking points.

A lot of players up in arms about the difference in points on the PGA Tour and DP World Tour this week. Its like comparing apples and pears though, as the PGA start their playoff swing with a very strong field, while the DP World Tour has the iSPS Handa mixed event.

Great round today - a net 8 under par… if only I’d been playing with someone I’d be on for a nice cut.

Six GIR on the back nine - and one of the misses was a ridiculous pitching wedge that I somehow spooned into the water on 16. Despite that I managed to get up and down for a bogey. Annoyingly I missed a birdie putt on the par 5 18th, with it lipping out and running six feet down the slope, leaving me another tricky one that I missed. So a three putt bogey. Irritating.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

A few changes to the OWGR that kick in right away.

Strength of field will now be calculated on all the players in the field, rather than just the highest 50 in the rankings. Any player who makes a cut will now also get ranking points.

A lot of players up in arms about the difference in points on the PGA Tour and DP World Tour this week. Its like comparing apples and pears though, as the PGA start their playoff swing with a very strong field, while the DP World Tour has the iSPS Handa mixed event.

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

And the proposed date for a trial is a year away. They will be nowhere in the rankings by then.9b3749427c1dd0b12d5a4a8efb40ca12.jpg

Aye, all their world rankings are going to crater big time.

Enjoy the Hanoi Masters and the Pyongyang Invitational next year lads.

So how long before The Masters starts chucking out bans for bringing them into this or do they just go for the no invites for Liv players quietly approach and that includes ex winners?

Also one other thing that came out is the prize money on offer for Liv events is now confirmed that it gets taking out of there signing on to Liv so it is indeed an exhibition tour

Edited by doulikefish

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

You just know loads of these players have seen the cash, and signed up for LIV without realising what they have signed up to.

Splendid stuff. If LIV crashes and burns I hope the respective tours tell these arseholes to f**k off when they come crawling back. 

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

You just know loads of these players have seen the cash, and signed up for LIV without realising what they have signed up to.

A huge number of golfers outing themselves as thick as f**k with this stuff, it would be no surprise to me if a lot of deals were signed after managers told their clients everything was good when really all they looked at was their cut. 

Cam Smith fooling no one with his "it'll come from me" patter. We should've guessed a man with that haircut was a fud but there we are. 

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A huge number of golfers outing themselves as thick as f**k with this stuff, it would be no surprise to me if a lot of deals were signed after managers told their clients everything was good when really all they looked at was their cut. 

Cam Smith fooling no one with his "it'll come from me" patter. We should've guessed a man with that haircut was a fud but there we are. 

"I'm a man of my word" he says. Except he hasn't given his word about anything and constantly avoids the question.

Admit it Cam, you can't turn down $100 million, but you can afford to wait a few weeks to see if you can scoop $15 million from the organisation you are about to leave high and dry.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

'Sharky' now claiming they are turning away top 40 players because they are "too late".

Surely even Norman realises that no one is going to watch DeRoideau, Smith and Koepka versus 45 utter jobbers? 

If this shite doesn't get world ranking points and they don't win next year's court case it will crash and burn in hilarious fashion.