Golfers Thread

Gaz

Ramsay to win on the Tour and Darren Clarke to not win the Seniors Open would a splendid golfing day
What's the issue with Clarke? Admitted to being a fud in his earlier career and is respected by his peers across the board.
Fair do's if you just don't like him though.

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

What's the issue with Clarke? Admitted to being a fud in his earlier career and is respected by his peers across the board.
Fair do's if you just don't like him though.

Shite Ryder Cup captain and just an all round bawbag. That’s my reasoning.

I believe he’s actually due at my club tomorrow to break ground on the new course 

15 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
38 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Great win for Richie Ramsay at the Cazoo.
Good finish for Grant Forrest also. 

Ramsay is having a great season which has come a little bit out of the blue. Ballsed it up a bit at the Belfry when in contention. He's projected to go 20th on the DP World Tour rankings, his best ever season end ranking was 26th.

He's now in the running for a PGA Tour card....

25 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
48 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Great win for Richie Ramsay at the Cazoo.
Good finish for Grant Forrest also. 

Ramsay is having a great season which has come a little bit out of the blue. Ballsed it up a bit at the Belfry when in contention. He's projected to go 20th on the DP World Tour rankings, his best ever season end ranking was 26th.

Were you on RR ?

I had Valimaki, who had a shocker of a final day and Jerry Kelly in the Seniors, who also had a shocker of a final day.

Just Grillo left to go tonight and he's dropping like a stone too.

I believe he’s actually due at my club tomorrow to break ground on the new course 

Best thing they could do to Gayfield*; pitch 'n' putt or crazy golf around the seaweed and crab shells?

*clear joke, Gayfield is a cracking ground.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

Best thing they could do to Gayfield*; pitch 'n' putt or crazy golf around the seaweed and crab shells?

*clear joke, Gayfield is a cracking ground.

It certainly is mate. I’m obviously biased but I believe it’s the best “lower league” ground in Scotland 

Feed back on whether he's a can or can't please. Quite happy to switch my opinion on advice from fellow PnBr's real life experiences (Faldo being an exception to this rule).
I suspect he'll not be celebrating this Open win quite as hard as his last so he should be in fine fettle.

I think thats Ramsay, Ferguson, Hill and Forrest all won on the DP World Tour in the last twelve months.....come on Bob step up again !!

Incidentally, anyone know what the latest is on Callum Hill - think he has only played four holes this year after his misquito bite late last year.

Played in an annual Ryder Cup style event* (Glasgow Vs Edinburgh) with mates over the weekend. 72 holes in two days with nights out on Friday and Saturday, about 8 hours sleep in total. Great fun but my hand/forearm is absolutely destroyed, legs aching like crazy, the fatigue is unreal. The final round singles was at Kilspindie in some of the wildest conditions I’ve played in. Completely saturated by hole 5. Real shame as I think it would be a really fun course in normal weather. When the club is slipping out of your hands and a drive is going 80 yards it’s hard to judge the course properly.

*A glorious Edinburgh victory 5.5 to 4.5.