Golfers Thread

Gaz

32 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

A tradition unlike any other

20220721_140031.jpg

Hope Augusta National, just for a laugh, also e-mail this to the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia (who has fcuk all to do with either this LIV whorehouse or Newcastle United)… aye, nothing to do with any of this. It’s a completely different PIF…. And in other news, Lee Harvey Oswald acted completely alone. No-one else had anything to do with it and no-one knew nuthin’.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Stenson certainly attracting a lot of vitriol from his fellow European Tour pros.

No surprise given he's basically used the captaincy as leverage to get more cash. Saw an interview with Stewart Cink earlier who couldn't get his head round him being willing to give up the captaincy.

At least he's got all his old Ryder Cup buddies out there with him at LIV to help him build up a siege mentality.

10 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

I've no issue with golf evolving, id love to see some 1, 2 or 3 round tournaments,  some more matchplay events, just to freshen up the tour,  

Can anyone see a liv v European / pga  tour , Ryder cup style event,. Now that would be tasty 

LIV is golf devolving. All they're doing is throwing millions at players to entice them to fairly uncompetitive events with so-far shite formats. Norman's aim now is to essentially destroy the PGA and DP World Tours and have his LIV invitation-only pish as king. For all the criticisms the two main tours get, at least there is a route in for aspiring pros and top amateurs looking to make it in the game. The only criteria going forward for LIV entry will basically be whether or not Norman thinks it will hurt the PGA/DP. 

18 hours ago, doulikefish said:

A tradition unlike any other

20220721_140031.jpg

I got telt as well. It’s been the most consistent thing about my golf for 12 years.

Going to just start saving for a package that guarantees tickets and maybe a couple of rounds somewhere near by.

54 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I got telt as well. It’s been the most consistent thing about my golf for 12 years.

Going to just start saving for a package that guarantees tickets and maybe a couple of rounds somewhere near by.

I always feel like replying "same time next year"

2 hours ago, Willie adie said:

I've no issue with golf evolving, id love to see some 1, 2 or 3 round tournaments,  some more matchplay events, just to freshen up the tour,  

Can anyone see a liv v European / pga  tour , Ryder cup style event,. Now that would be tasty 

I’m not a big darts fan, and don’t know the details, but I think I’m right in saying darts ended up with two different world championships, two different sets of players aligned to each? Looks like golf could be heading down that route. Not going to do a thing for ‘the good of the game’, something I’m 100% convinced Greg Norman and everyone involved in LIV know damn well.

In regard to golf having one round tournaments, not for me I’m afraid. For many reasons, not least of which is how much the weather affects golf, as does an early or late tee time. One round tournaments should be the preserve of Saturday medals at the club, where you come in after shooting a 95 in the morning and say ‘the fcuking rain will be off when those cnuts go out this afternoon’. 😀

Is there anywhere you can watch the Cazoo Classic? Sky Sports just seem to be going between that wummins Evian Championship and the shitey senior Open. They must just be showing highlights of the Cazoo later in the evening. 

I don’t pay for illegal streaming to watch women and old men bumble their way around a golf course.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is there anywhere you can watch the Cazoo Classic? Sky Sports just seem to be going between that wummins Evian Championship and the shitey senior Open. They must just be showing highlights of the Cazoo later in the evening. 

I don’t pay for illegal streaming to watch women and old men bumble their way around a golf course.

It was on the red button on Sky Golf yesterday.

Edited by ArabGaz

Caught the end of the coverage from Hillside, it was tipping it down.

Grant Forrest birdied the 17th, he hit a putt that was missing left, but it hit his playing partner's ball marker and found the middle of the cup. [emoji23]

I see Rory has signed up for the PGA at Wentworth this year. Someone has probably had a quiet word with him and reminded him that, while he's seemingly the spokesman for all that's good about golf in the current set up, it might be a good idea if he actually comes across here and plays in a DP Tour event for a change. 

Former tennis pro Mardy Fish made history this week as the first person ever to play on the ATP Tour and in a PGA event at the 3M Open.

He plays off a +3 handicap and was averaging 300 yards off the tee at TPC Twin Cities, but even with that he had a birdie free opening round of 81.

He followed that up with a much improved 74 in Round 2 that had 5 birdies, but also had 4 bogeys and 2 doubles.

He missed the cut by a mile, but it's a bit of a minter for the three actual pros that he finished above on the scoreboard.

12 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Some good placings on the leaderboard going in to the last day of the Cazoo Open at Hillside. Not naming names as that never ends well.

Noticed the tee times for tomorrow are even later than last Sunday's at the Open. No doubt most of it will be red button only again. 

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Former tennis pro Mardy Fish made history this week as the first person ever to play on the ATP Tour and in a PGA event at the 3M Open.

He plays off a +3 handicap and was averaging 300 yards off the tee at TPC Twin Cities, but even with that he had a birdie free opening round of 81.

He followed that up with a much improved 74 in Round 2 that had 5 birdies, but also had 4 bogeys and 2 doubles.

He missed the cut by a mile, but it's a bit of a minter for the three actual pros that he finished above on the scoreboard.

When does he sign up for LIV? 😂