Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

If Fitzpatrick thought it was such a shit course why did he finish 10 shots behind the leader?

Interestingly, the current PGA Champion described the set-up as "perfect"

“It’s perfect in terms of set-up,” he said. “But if you get greedy, it can be hard to get par. I love this tournament, arguably more than any of the other ones. I don’t understand.. I get that it’s shorter, but any Open. The cut is even par on a course that’s 6,500 yards. It has held it own. It’s one of the those courses, if we get good weather, we’re going to tear it to pieces. The good part about this week is that there’s been a bit of wind and they’ve been able to set some challenging pins, and when the greens are rolling at 9 and 10, you can do that. 

“It’s not unfair, it’s just difficult. I thought the R&A did an unbelievable job setting up the course this week.”

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/justin-thomas-argues-r-a-have-got-set-up-perfect

That's my thinking too, with two par 5s and so many short par 4s in play I can't see both of them scoring 70 or more. Hopefully a Troon style Stenson v Mickelson sort of afternoon awaits.
Rory needs a 2 on the last for a 68, he's given himself some chances today, but Smith gave himself better ones and holed the putts.