Golfers Thread

Gaz

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Sam Burns in with a 64, you have to think the two Camerons will have to score at least that to have any chance.

Yeah it's hard to imagine that at least one of Hovland and McIlroy won't break 70, so that takes them to - 19 at least. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I played it in perfect conditions and it’s a top quality course, but there’s a few I’d have in front of it. Turnberry is streets ahead of anything I’ve played. It’s a shame that it’s not getting back onto the rota any time soon because compared to some of the stalwart open venues like Troon & Birkdale it’s miles better as a course.

Macrahannish is a superb course. The only problem with it is that it seems to take about 3 days to get there!

I'm happy now to be a member at Tain GC (designed by Tom Morris) and enjoy occasional rounds at Dornoch and Fortrose.

Our medal on Open Sunday is played as a pro-am and you pick one of the leaderboard out of a hat to pair up with. I shot a nett 69 this morning only to get paired with Barclay Brown and his fucking bucket hat shooting 75.

2 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Our medal on Open Sunday is played as a pro-am and you pick one of the leaderboard out of a hat to pair up with. I shot a nett 69 this morning only to get paired with Barclay Brown and his fucking bucket hat shooting 75.

He was going along great for 12 holes then dropped about 6 shots in 5 holes through to the 17th.

Yeah it's hard to imagine that at least one of Hovland and McIlroy won't break 70, so that takes them to - 19 at least. 
That's my thinking too, with two par 5s and so many short par 4s in play I can't see both of them scoring 70 or more. Hopefully a Troon style Stenson v Mickelson sort of afternoon awaits.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He was going along great for 12 holes then dropped about 6 shots in 5 holes through to the 17th.

I knew as soon as I picked him I was fucked, thing is Rory, DJ, Scheffler, Speith were all still in the bag at that time. Makes up for 2018 when I pulled out Molinari only to shoot something like a nett 77 myself.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's my thinking too, with two par 5s and so many short par 4s in play I can't see both of them scoring 70 or more. Hopefully a Troon style Stenson v Mickelson sort of afternoon awaits.

Or a Watson v Nicklaus dual in the sun?

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:
Fair enough. I've met hundreds of pros of every level and those three are the three they talk about. Also Dornoch gets good press. But fair enough I'm not positioned to police your opinion.
Never played either of those but Pitreavie I've been meaning to get to for a while just not got round to it.
Also Lundin is good, well worth a visit. Leven next door too.
I don't know where you live but I played a course in Glasgow once called East Renfrew and it was excellent. Would highly recommend. Very friendly too.

Royal Dornoch is probably the best course in Scotland.

They've closed the membership list, Golspie has picked up a few new members as a result.

1 hour ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

Harsh. Imagine being Barclay ‘Bucket Hat’ Brown, and after fcuking up the back nine of the Open, at the press conference they tell you that you drew Ervin ‘P&B’ Burrell in the Sunday medal draw. 😎