Golfers Thread

Gaz

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
Ms. Sturgeon says :-
Feels like end might be nigh for Johnson - not a moment too soon. Notable tho that the resigning ministers were only prepared to go when they were lied to - they defended him lying to public. The whole rotten lot need to go. And 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 needs the permanent alternative of independence

For a second there I thought Sturgeon was wading into the LIV debate :lol:

25 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Anybody heading to archerfield this week? 

I'm off on Friday so might make the effort however weather's meant to be stonking so may opt for a 36holer day 

I have been swithering about going through on the Saturday since I missed out on Open tickets. Every year it's on there I think I'll go the next year and never do. 

I hope this dry, breezy weather continues through to the Open next week. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I have been swithering about going through on the Saturday since I missed out on Open tickets. Every year it's on there I think I'll go the next year and never do. 

I hope this dry, breezy weather continues through to the Open next week. 

The field this year is what's drawing me to going 

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The field this year is what's drawing me to going 

Yeah. The strongest ever field for a European Tour event and, I think, the strongest field anywhere this year outside of a major. 

When you look down the entry list it's something else and the pricing is also decent considering the strength of field. 

Another really good round for me today in very windy conditions. Out in 38 and back in 38 for 40 Stableford points. Three birdies, 8 pars, 6 bogeys and 1 double bogey. Managed to score at least one point on every hole. Looking at my handicap I reckon I’ll go from 8.4 to 7.6. Pleasing. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

15 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Anybody heading to archerfield this week? 

I'm off on Friday so might make the effort however weather's meant to be stonking so may opt for a 36holer day 

You’re one resort too far over, it’s RC rather than Archerfield.

31 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’re one resort too far over, it’s RC rather than Archerfield.

Ach I call them both archerfield but on the coverage it's north Berwick and not Direlton 🤣

On 05/07/2022 at 17:06, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Travelling from Glasgow is a bit of a pain in the arse all round so I’m thinking my best option is to drive. Stagecoach don’t appear to be operating additional services meaning the earliest I’d get there is about 10.30am (this also means we’re relying on trains to get to and from Glasgow). They don’t allow you to actually book seats on any buses so if there’s a massive queue when you turn up you’ll be stuck getting a later bus. I was looking forward to a few refreshments and what not but driving seems like the most sensible option and would at least mean I arrive at a reasonable enough time and wont have to worry about missing any buses home or the trains being a write off when arriving back in Glasgow. 

You’d think an event of this scale would have better transport links from major cities but I suppose not!

Park & Ride tickets booked and despite me offering to drive my mate has decided he’ll take one on the chin and do it (to be fair he recently missed my stag do so he owes me one). Means we can get to the course for around 8am and make a full day of it. 

Posted the other day that Bishopbriggs was hosting the Scottish Boys U16s championship, and we have a Scottish winner after a playoff.

Scoring over the last 3 days ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous. It was supposed to be for handicaps from +7 to 9.4, one boy was +45 for the first two rounds, with a good few others all 25+ over.

The two boys in the playoff had shot -5 for their 3 rounds, with Daniel Hays having a back 9 of 30 this afternoon.