Golfers Thread

Gaz

39 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

**Fantasy Golf League Week 21**

uh-no-boo-urns.gif.8e58c36952bef755795ffd74549cdd55.gif

Burns, baby, Burns 🔥 

The 2nd hottest golfer in the world defeated the hottest golfer in the world as Sam Burns edged out Scottie Scheffler to win the Tartan Jacket at Colonial, while Dundee's Victor Perez landed back in the winner's circle in the Netherlands. Did we ever figure out if he was Tangerine or Dark Blue ?

Standings

Good week

A great week for @die hard doonhamer who scored bonuses for both the 1-2 at Colonial and for the Burns-Perez double. 330 points is the highest score outwith the double and triple point events so far.

th02.png.d3ddb5a3fb407f7c3509e839c19d0365.png

Bad week 

@doulikefish only managed 40 this week. More like @dounotlikescoring points amarite ? (Sorry)

th06.png.f28f3818cdda458cb06d49f1ea1ff6ff.png

f**k it, full 24 team table this week. @Day of the Lords still leads, but the chasing pack are rapidly closing in now. He was almost 400 points ahead of 2nd at one point.

@Day of the Lords 3020

@Distant Doonhamer 2850

@Tartan Dave 2830

@St. Jude 2770

@die hard doonhamer 2690

@Ro Sham Bo 2610

@Leeds Saint 2590

@Slacker 2560

@peasy23 2460

@funky_nomad 2350

@The Moonster 2330

@kilMARKnock 2220

@MP_MFC 2140

@Honest_Man#1 2060

@jagfox 2050

@J_Stewart 1970

@alta-pete 1860

@IrishBhoy 1850

@Central Belt Caley 1810

@Caledonian1 1800

@lichtie23 1660

@doulikefish 1530

@true_rover 1510

@Detective Jimmy McNulty 1420

GettyImages-169826739-1-1.thumb.jpg.84723c0a446dadf9146a4fd4dbd7d0aa.jpg

We're well underway this week at Jack's place Muirfield Village for the Memorial. Double points here. Green Eagle in Germany is the venue for the Porsche European Open. If you're going to get a tournament hole in one and win a car, you probably want to do it here.

P&B Matchplay 

It was matchday 3 last week. Halfway through the groups, 3 draws this week after only 1 in the previous 24 match ups. With the top2 and 4 best 3rd places qualifying, no one is eliminated yet. Scores below with tables in the spoilers.

A

@Caledonian1 140 v 230 @Tartan Dave

@MP_MFC 90 v 90 @Honest_Man#1

Reveal hidden contents

@Honest_Man#1 7 (410)

@MP_MFC 5 (420)

@Tartan Dave 3 (460)

@Caledonian1 1 (330)

B

@true_rover 110 v 60 @Detective Jimmy McNulty

@Day of the Lords 110 v 80 @Central Belt Caley

Reveal hidden contents

C

@doulikefish 40 v 190 @peasy23

@alta-pete 120 v 80 @J_Stewart

Reveal hidden contents

@peasy23 9 (470)

@alta-pete 6 (380)

@J_Stewart 3 (280)

@doulikefish 0 (200)

D

@St. Jude 140 v 330 @die hard doonhamer

@funky_nomad 90 v 170 @The Moonster

Reveal hidden contents

@die hard doonhamer 9 (650)

@St. Jude 6 (380)

@The Moonster 3 (340)

@funky_nomad 0 (330)

E

@Slacker 200 v 50 @lichtie23

@kilMARKnock 70 v 70 @IrishBhoy

Reveal hidden contents

@Slacker 9 (340)

@kilMARKnock 4 (340)

@lichtie23 3 (160)

@IrishBhoy 1 (150)

F

@jagfox 90 v 90 @Ro Sham Bo

@Leeds Saint 70 v 170 @Distant Doonhamer

Reveal hidden contents

@Distant Doonhamer 6 (420)

@Leeds Saint 6 (420)

@jagfox 4 (340)

@Ro Sham Bo 1 (370)

Just getting in to my stride, fed up giving everyone else a head start, I’ve got a crown to defend 😏

17 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for travelling to The Open from Glasgow? The train looks like a bit of a nightmare, it’s not a kick in the baws off 60 quid return and the best part of 3 hours when i take into consideration travelling from Dumbarton to Glasgow which would mean we wouldn’t be arriving until around 10am at the earliest if everything is on time (unlikely) and runs as it should. Stagecoach don’t appear to even have the availability to check for tickets that far in advance (they only let you check up until the end of June) and judging by The Open’s website it sounds like driving will be a nightmare with nae parking, closed roads etc. I’d also prefer the option of being able to have a pint but that isn’t a necessity.

The bus seems like the easiest option but with Stagecoach timetables not being the clearest and not being able to search for tickets that far in advance I’ve nae idea of the times, prices or availability.

Normally they have buses direct from Kirkcaldy/Glenrothes ie open specials when it's on at St Andrews.I used them 5 years ago and they were really good I was checking for them the other day but nothing announced yet but worth keeping an eye out for.Also do them from Cupar/ Leven but the closer you get to St Andrews the busier it gets and harder to park 

I live in the area and the signs are going up so will keep an eye out and update as soon as I see anything 

Edited by doulikefish

Yeah the train is pretty much a no go from the West to St Andrews unfortunately. 

Your best option is either to bus it all the way which would still presumably involve at least one change of bus for you, or as suggested drive to somewhere like Glenrothes or Kirkcaldy and get a bus from there which would probably still be cheaper than paying for the official car parking sites. 

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Kevin Na resigns from the PGA Tour. Should help speed up the pace of play a bit.

Just posted the same lol but seems to be going down the path of "cannae ban me if I'm no a member," route ..expect to see something similar from the others 

Just posted the same lol but seems to be going down the path of "cannae ban me if I'm no a member," route ..expect to see something similar from the others 
Aye, wonder how it affects their seemingly gold plated pension though?

Hit a pair of nett 74s (par is 71) in our qualifiers at the weekend, played 31 good holes out of 36, unfortunately the 5 other ones cost me about 10 shots. 3 avoidable sixes and an 8 on Saturday's card, and finished with a 9 on Sunday.

Still managed to get cut from 14.5 to 14.2 as Sunday's adjusted gross was better than one of my 8 counting rounds.

Might stick it on if I've nothing better to do, but certainly not going out of my way to see it.

Rumours that Mickelson and Fowler will be in the LIV field sooner rather than later.

Obviously there will be some legal rumblings not too far off. Saw one theory that the PGA Tour will let the players exercise their rights as "independent contractors" to play elsewhere, but the Tour will respond by exercising their right not to employ them again.

Played really poorly in competitions at the weekend and thoroughly pissed off after both rounds.

Playing with a mate today who was putting in a general play score so decided to do the same. Played nicely and had 36 stableford points. Felt really comfortable over the ball which I was anything but at the weekend. Stupid game.