Golfers Thread

Gaz

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

No Phil listed and DJ must have a few coke dealers still to pay off.Most disappointed at Laurie Canter getting a few starts in the states now and playing in majors.

Us open will be fun when Dj turns up and gets told to bolt if the noises coming from the Uspga are to be believed 

Sam Horsfield is another disappointing one. He won just a few weeks ago on the European Tour and is pushing towards the top 50 in the world. 

Of the big names it's a bit disappointing to see Oosthuizen there given his performances in the majors last year but hey ho. 

52 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

Has anything been released by either tour about how they will view the breakaway players? 

Will they be allowed to compete in majors? 

They have been threatened with bans, and it seems likely that the European players at least have no chance of Ryder Cup involvement while playing in these events.

Because the majors are run by 4 different organisations I would guess they can each apply whatever rules they want, although they might try and adopt a uniform approach to this.

18 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The LIV field was finally announced. No surprises with the Europeans involved tbh, but DJ had previously said he wouldn't be taking part. 3289121e23869a08f32a42fb5ace743c.jpg

Guys like Bland, Larrazabal, Wiesberger I can understand jumping at an opportunity like this. They aren’t getting any younger and are very unlikely to ever win a PGA Tour event. The DP Tour doesn’t seem to be punishing players who take exemptions in the same way as the PGA is, so if a guy like Bland could go and win one of their tournaments he would more than likely come close to doubling his career earnings in one event. 

Guys like DJ and Garcia though, who can still play at the top end of a PGA Tour event, could find themselves in a very tough situation if this LIV Tour doesn’t take off the way they hope and they find themselves left out in the cold. RBC have already dropped DJ as a sponsor, and I can imagine the PGA will be putting pressure on as many entities as possible to try and freeze these guys out of financial opportunities in the future. 

Does this LIV Tour even have a broadcaster yet? I’ve not seen one mentioned so far. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Does this LIV Tour even have a broadcaster yet? I’ve not seen one mentioned so far. 

The first event is being shown on YouTube. Not sure what's happening beyond that. 

I think I read they're charging £50-£60 for a ticket as well, so not sure what sort of crowd they'll get. 

The LIV field was finally announced. No surprises with the Europeans involved tbh, but DJ had previously said he wouldn't be taking part. 3289121e23869a08f32a42fb5ace743c.jpg
Just to emphasise, anyone with a blank space in the world ranking column currently sits outside the top 250. The average ranking of the field is 230ish.

I wonder if they called the wrong Koepka then couldn't back out of it. [emoji23]

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Joost Luiten chucks it after 5 holes at the Porsche European Open. He was a fairly impressive +11 which included a 9 at the par 3 14th.

496E9AC7-4EC7-481C-8645-788E706433BD.thumb.jpeg.b75711fec30a5ee3c9497d325290f0e1.jpeg

Noticed there was quite a few high scores today, including an 88.

Bob looked like he was on course for another horror show at +5 for 4 holes but managed to get back on track and finish +2.

Does anyone have any recommendations for travelling to The Open from Glasgow? The train looks like a bit of a nightmare, it’s not a kick in the baws off 60 quid return and the best part of 3 hours when i take into consideration travelling from Dumbarton to Glasgow which would mean we wouldn’t be arriving until around 10am at the earliest if everything is on time (unlikely) and runs as it should. Stagecoach don’t appear to even have the availability to check for tickets that far in advance (they only let you check up until the end of June) and judging by The Open’s website it sounds like driving will be a nightmare with nae parking, closed roads etc. I’d also prefer the option of being able to have a pint but that isn’t a necessity.

The bus seems like the easiest option but with Stagecoach timetables not being the clearest and not being able to search for tickets that far in advance I’ve nae idea of the times, prices or availability.

**Fantasy Golf League Week 21**

uh-no-boo-urns.gif.8e58c36952bef755795ffd74549cdd55.gif

Burns, baby, Burns 🔥 

The 2nd hottest golfer in the world defeated the hottest golfer in the world as Sam Burns edged out Scottie Scheffler to win the Tartan Jacket at Colonial, while Dundee's Victor Perez landed back in the winner's circle in the Netherlands. Did we ever figure out if he was Tangerine or Dark Blue ?

Standings

Good week

A great week for @die hard doonhamer who scored bonuses for both the 1-2 at Colonial and for the Burns-Perez double. 330 points is the highest score outwith the double and triple point events so far.

th02.png.d3ddb5a3fb407f7c3509e839c19d0365.png

Bad week 

@doulikefish only managed 40 this week. More like @dounotlikescoring points amarite ? (Sorry)

th06.png.f28f3818cdda458cb06d49f1ea1ff6ff.png

f**k it, full 24 team table this week. @Day of the Lords still leads, but the chasing pack are rapidly closing in now. He was almost 400 points ahead of 2nd at one point.

@Day of the Lords 3020

@Distant Doonhamer 2850

@Tartan Dave 2830

@St. Jude 2770

@die hard doonhamer 2690

@Ro Sham Bo 2610

@Leeds Saint 2590

@Slacker 2560

@peasy23 2460

@funky_nomad 2350

@The Moonster 2330

@kilMARKnock 2220

@MP_MFC 2140

@Honest_Man#1 2060

@jagfox 2050

@J_Stewart 1970

@alta-pete 1860

@IrishBhoy 1850

@Central Belt Caley 1810

@Caledonian1 1800

@lichtie23 1660

@doulikefish 1530

@true_rover 1510

@Detective Jimmy McNulty 1420

GettyImages-169826739-1-1.thumb.jpg.84723c0a446dadf9146a4fd4dbd7d0aa.jpg

We're well underway this week at Jack's place Muirfield Village for the Memorial. Double points here. Green Eagle in Germany is the venue for the Porsche European Open. If you're going to get a tournament hole in one and win a car, you probably want to do it here.

P&B Matchplay 

It was matchday 3 last week. Halfway through the groups, 3 draws this week after only 1 in the previous 24 match ups. With the top2 and 4 best 3rd places qualifying, no one is eliminated yet. Scores below with tables in the spoilers.

A

@Caledonian1 140 v 230 @Tartan Dave

@MP_MFC 90 v 90 @Honest_Man#1

Spoiler

@Honest_Man#1 7 (410)

@MP_MFC 5 (420)

@Tartan Dave 3 (460)

@Caledonian1 1 (330)

B

@true_rover 110 v 60 @Detective Jimmy McNulty

@Day of the Lords 110 v 80 @Central Belt Caley

Spoiler