Golfers Thread

Gaz

Ferguson at least got a birdie on the last to get back inside the top 10, but +5 fir the day is going to sting for quite a while.

He wasn't quite the worst though. Matti Schmid started on -9 paired with eventual winner Ashan Wu on -10. They ended up 13 shots apart as Wu hit 65 and Schmid 77.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Phenomenal day for golf, like summer. Round ruined by the slowest 4 ball of hackers in front refusing to let me play through. Currently 3 hours 20 mins to play 13 holes. Disgraceful.

These sort c***s are ruining golf for so many. No wonder folk get angry. Best thing to do would be phone the pro shop and get someone out to tell them. Are you playing on your own?

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

These sort c***s are ruining golf for so many. No wonder folk get angry. Best thing to do would be phone the pro shop and get someone out to tell them. Are you playing on your own?

Yeah I’m on my own. Luckily it’s a glorious day so I’m enjoying basking in the sun, but it’s fucking ridiculous stuff. No idea why they would want someone playing right up their arse. Baffling.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah I’m on my own. Luckily it’s a glorious day so I’m enjoying basking in the sun, but it’s fucking ridiculous stuff. No idea why they would want someone playing right up their arse. Baffling.

That’s even worse mate.

I would absolutely be having a word with the pro when you eventually finish. Older gentlemen is it? I find them the absolute worst for this behaviour. And if you say something they make you out to be a total dick 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s even worse mate.

I would absolutely be having a word with the pro when you eventually finish. Older gentlemen is it? I find them the absolute worst for this behaviour. And if you say something they make you out to be a total dick 

Middle aged guys yeah. 

54 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Ferguson at least got a birdie on the last to get back inside the top 10, but +5 fir the day is going to sting for quite a while.

He wasn't quite the worst though. Matti Schmid started on -9 paired with eventual winner Ashan Wu on -10. They ended up 13 shots apart as Wu hit 65 and Schmid 77.

I had refrained from posting about Ferguson yesterday in case it jinxed him but next time I'll know better.

That's a sore lesson for him on what it takes to win. 

Easy to say, but if he can just focus on the positives from the first 3 days and learn from his mistakes today it could be the making of him. 

That’s even worse mate.
Seems to be a shitload of folk who still think that a single player should be treated like crap, it would only take a few minutes to wave one player through.

There was a post on our Facebook page yesterday from a guy in a fourball who said the two women who were behind him accused his group of being sexist for not letting them through. Don't think he got the replies he was expecting tbh.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Phenomenal day for golf, like summer. Round ruined by the slowest 4 ball of hackers in front refusing to let me play through. Currently 3 hours 20 mins to play 13 holes. Disgraceful.

I had a similar issue this morning mate. Was playing myself and picked an early tee time with space in front but still got held up on the 2nd by a threeball. Instead of letting me through one of them told me to play with 2 balls image.png.aa94c4da6ef567e0bd7737993c458d60.png

After that I walked off on the 9th, I find that Sundays are generally an absolute bawache to play on your own.

Edited by St. Jude

Glorious this morning, as usual the golf was all sugar or shite. Nothing if not consistently inconsistent. But I love it still. On the above and i know its a touchy subject but as long as the 4 ball were directly behind the group in front I don't see an issue, as all they would be doing is adding to their wait. If there was daylight then a lob wedge off the napper is due as they're just being c***s.

This utterly boils my piss. It was even worse as a junior years ago as 4 old c***s would quite happily subject you to a 4 hour+ round because you "had no standing on the course". Arseholes. Our petty form of revenge was simply to wait until one of them inevitably duffed one into the shite and they'd all go and look for full 5 mins, giving us plenty of time to hit through them regardless. That resulted in the occasional terse exchange of views tbf [emoji23]

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Anybody in the top 10 that scores par is in with a shout at the Arnold Palmer the average score today is +5 and this course normally gets harder as the day goes on 

Four of the top 10 are in my fantasy team I think. I've got high hopes for 3 of them but unfortunately Rory is a lost cause.