Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Lester Freamon said:

Difficult fixture to open up my League Cup campaign. Need the lads to step up after a disappointing last day. Hopefully we can get off to a good start and do it for the fans 

15 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Difficult fixture to open up my League Cup campaign. Need the lads to step up after a disappointing last day. Hopefully we can get off to a good start and do it for the fans 

Looks like you're in the group of death.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/01/saudi-arabias-disruption-plan-spells-trouble-for-golfs-main-tours?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

"As players flock to Jeddah this week to collect exorbitant appearance fees the rest of us can shake heads at the lunacy of it all. Nobody much cares about the Saudi International but those inside the ropes are also barely interested about the scepticism attached to their involvement. Players keep heads down, avoid awkward questions about the butchering of a journalist or human rights atrocities, bank the dollars and slip home via private jet. We are supposed to accept that “global players” keen to “grow the game” have more in mind than tsunamis hitting their bank accounts."

On 01/02/2022 at 18:35, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/01/saudi-arabias-disruption-plan-spells-trouble-for-golfs-main-tours?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

"As players flock to Jeddah this week to collect exorbitant appearance fees the rest of us can shake heads at the lunacy of it all. Nobody much cares about the Saudi International but those inside the ropes are also barely interested about the scepticism attached to their involvement. Players keep heads down, avoid awkward questions about the butchering of a journalist or human rights atrocities, bank the dollars and slip home via private jet. We are supposed to accept that “global players” keen to “grow the game” have more in mind than tsunamis hitting their bank accounts."

Hearing Westwood has signed up for the Saudi /Norman golf series 

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hearing Westwood has signed up for the Saudi /Norman golf series 

Yeah there's a school of thought that's the real reason he pulled out of contention for Ryder Cup captaincy. 

Does anyone know if the event this week is getting televised anywhere? 

Zalatoris out with covid 😡

So this week Iv got only Wiesberger in the European Tour event 

Berger & Bezuidenhout at Pebble Beach

Finau, Fleetwood and kokrak in Saudi 

Il be struggling to win my opening League Cup game with that squad 

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Zalatoris out with covid 😡

So this week Iv got only Wiesberger in the European Tour event 

Berger & Bezuidenhout at Pebble Beach

Finau, Fleetwood and kokrak in Saudi 

Il be struggling to win my opening League Cup game with that squad 

More chance of me remembering Friday nights game than me picking anything up. (Cans in the fridge for the noon departure to The Ferry.)