Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Interesting strategy with people listing their teams before the deadline. Can however confirm that I took no notice as I was hastily picking names of guys I’ve heard of and ignoring those I hadn’t. 

I think I’ve failed to pick a Captain though - @Honest_Man#1 seems to have conviction in his posts so on that basis alone I’ll also have Speith please. 

A wise move following my lead, I did excellently last year at this.

First round of 2022 today. It was like playing on concrete.

20220105_124205.thumb.jpg.d11c72ef76bd8620cbf79d968b3fba5d.jpg
[emoji1787] aye great for roll with the long irons and woods but different story landing greens, I got my first round of 2022 in today aswel went up to little hill as my course has some work being carried out, was brilliant to be back swinging again can't wait for the next break in the weather

Anyone who didn't pick Boab is a traitor and your card is marked.
You obviously haven't followed my posts on the golf thread over the years. Any time I mention a Scottish player doing well they generally blow up, so for the sake of Scottish golf I haven't picked any of the Scots on the lists. None of them deserve to suffer just because I picked them in my squad.

Fellow golfers... I'm in need of some advice. Apologies if it's too wordy.

I'm a 20 odd handicapper, and I've really only been playing seriously for the past 18 months, and joined my first club last March. I've been getting better slowly but surely, particularly over the last few months. I never used to touch my driver, but I can actually hit it now and I am noticing my scores coming down. However, I inherited this driver from a late family member, and it turns out its 18 years old! TaylorMade R7 425. The grip is poor, and I don't have the tool for the adjustable weights.

My questions are, is it worth getting fitted for a new driver, or do I pick one up off the shelf? Do I keep playing with the 18 year old driver if it's starting to work, or would I notice a big difference with a club with new tech etc?

My playing partner who is of a similar standard picked up a new Cobra driver last year and his drives have improved drastically. I really fancy the new TaylorMade Stealth or Callaway Rouge ST. I'm willing to invest if it helps my game. I probably played 70-80 rounds in 2021 and aim to play more this year.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fellow golfers... I'm in need of some advice. Apologies if it's too wordy.

I'm a 20 odd handicapper, and I've really only been playing seriously for the past 18 months, and joined my first club last March. I've been getting better slowly but surely, particularly over the last few months. I never used to touch my driver, but I can actually hit it now and I am noticing my scores coming down. However, I inherited this driver from a late family member, and it turns out its 18 years old! TaylorMade R7 425. The grip is poor, and I don't have the tool for the adjustable weights.

My questions are, is it worth getting fitted for a new driver, or do I pick one up off the shelf? Do I keep playing with the 18 year old driver if it's starting to work, or would I notice a big difference with a club with new tech etc?

My playing partner who is of a similar standard picked up a new Cobra driver last year and his drives have improved drastically. I really fancy the new TaylorMade Stealth or Callaway Rouge ST. I'm willing to invest if it helps my game. I probably played 70-80 rounds in 2021 and aim to play more this year.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you are playing that often, definitely worth an upgrade. I got a Cobra RadSpeed last year and it made a big difference to my handicap, I was hitting it longer and more importantly straighter than the Ping G10 it replaced.

If you are playing that often, definitely worth an upgrade. I got a Cobra RadSpeed last year and it made a big difference to my handicap, I was hitting it longer and more importantly straighter than the Ping G10 it replaced.
Did you get fitted for it?