Golfers Thread

Gaz

**Fantasy Golf Week 43**

ClearIdealisticIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif.94b9111a59896a1f0a9e133645976be2.gif

the right type of grass

Viktor Hovland landed his 3rd PGA title. All 3 have been won on paspallum grass surfaces and in tropical climates ideal for growing marijuana. Is it a coincidence that young Viktor looks stoned all the time ? Not for me to say, I'm not a grass.

Big Tam Pieters is back in business and back in the OWGR top 100 after lifting the Portuguese Masters.

Overall Standings 

There's only 2 weeks left gentleman. Longtime leader @die hard doonhamer only scored 16 this week, but none of the chasing pack could take advantage, so it remains in his teams' hands.

2261 @die hard doonhamer

1980 @lichtie23

1974 @peasy23

1958 @Tartan Dave

1940 @Ro Sham Bo

1820 @J_Stewart

1785 @alta-pete

1709 @Tommy Carcetti

1600 @Honest_Man#1

1583 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

1448 @Distant Doonhamer

This week is the 1st of two weeks in Dubai as the European Tour winds up. Tommy Fleetwood and Paul Casey lead the field at the Greg Norman designed Fire Course, next week they play it's sister track the Earth Course in the Tour final.

The PGA is jumping in the Lexus and heading to Texas and Memorial Park, for the Houston Open. It's an old public course that has been done up with the help of Brooks Koepka, his first such foray into that sort of thing.

Apparently, the Viktor Hovland pic above is so big, I'm not allowed any more in this post, so you can blame Div and the mods for the fact there's no nice photos of the courses and one of Whitney Houston accompanied by a terrible joke.

2 hours ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

Apparently, the Viktor Hovland pic above is so big, I'm not allowed any more in this post, so you can blame Div and the mods for the fact there's no nice photos of the courses and one of Whitney Houston accompanied by a terrible joke.

How will I know if this is actually true?

Spoiler

whitney-houston-clap.gif

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

How will I know if this is actually true?

Hide contents

whitney-houston-clap.gif

You'll just have to take my word for it as I'm going to save it for next year's Houston Open. 

It's not right, but it's OK.

4 under round for Bob MacIntyre today. He scrambled well but still looks somewhat out of sorts. Wayward tee shots and n particular sounded like an issue.

Same score today for Bob to get to 8 under, Grant Forrest also on that mark. Scott Jamieson on -10, leaders on 14 under.

David Drysdale is the 121st ranked player after today and keeps his card by the skin of his teeth! 

A few well known names have finished outside the cut line though including Eddie Pepperell, Steven Gallagher, Ross Fisher, Soren Kjeldson and Alvaro Quiros. I don’t know if any of them have “exemptions” meaning they have retained their card. 

Edited by lichtie23

David Drysdale is the 121st ranked player after today and keeps his card by the skin of his teeth! 
A few well known names have finished outside the cut line though including Eddie Pepperell, Steven Gallagher, Ross Fisher, Soren Kjeldson and Alvaro Quiros. I don’t know if any of them have “exemptions” meaning they have retained their card. 
Gallacher had a win in 2019, don't know if that came with any kind of exemption.

Just now, peasy23 said:
8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Gallacher had a win in 2019, don't know if that came with any kind of exemption.

I thought maybe because he played in the Ryder Cup he got one as well? 

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:
14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Yeah Gallacher's win that year apparently sees him through to 2022.

I think all the Scottish players with full playing rights this season have retained their cards one way or another. 

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/scots-pro-retains-european-tour-card-but-only-just

9 Scots keep their cards by rankings, Gallacher still has his exemption, and Ferguson and Howie step up from the Challenge Tour.

Only MacIntyre, Hill and Forrest in the field for the season ending DP World Tour Championship this week though with the top 50 on the Road to Dubai qualifying. There are a few outside the top 50 in the field due to no shows by higher ranked players, Jon Rahm being one of those opting not to travel. Richie Ramsay is next Scot on the list at 74th place, no chance he will get in.

**Fantasy Golf League Week 45**

the final countdown 

The finishing line is in sight. This is the last week of this year's Fantasy Golf League. Only one more round of my, let's be frank here, terrible patter to go.

None of the bigger names fired in Dubai last week as Hansen took the title, while big Jason Kokrak won stateside.

Overall Standings 

Again our leader stumbled, but no one was able to take advantage. Highest point scorer this week had both Kokrak and Scheffler netting his 1st bonus of the season. Go me. Too little too late though.

2261 @die hard doonhamer

1984 @lichtie23

1974 @peasy23

1966 @Tartan Dave

1960 @Ro Sham Bo

1839 @Tommy Carcetti

1832 @J_Stewart

1793 @alta-pete

1637 @Honest_Man#1

1587 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

1478 @Distant Doonhamer

So, @die hard doonhamer is champion in waiting, there's an improbable series of events that could deny him the title, but it's a miracle that would make the result at Medinah blush. He's currently strolling up 18 waving to the grandstands with a 4ft birdie putt to come whilst the chasing pack are still searching for their ball in the trees after taking 3 off the tee. Still, there's a 4 way battle for the 2 minor place prizes still to be decided.

Exterior-from-Earth-18.jpg.83aa8fbd27d97b695cc1f601e9729e70.jpg

We are of course, still in Dubai for the DP World Tour Finals on the Earth Course. Some notable absentees, but it should still be a decent watch as one of the few weekends where the soon to be renamed European Tour takes centre stage.

I'll see you all in the clubhouse after for the presentation, drinks are on me.