Golfers Thread

Gaz

Spieth dropped a couple of shots but putts in from off the green for eagle on 18 to get back to t3rd. Sam Burns has a one shot lead heading for the last, where KH Lee looks like getting a birdie to move level.

Knox and Laird hit -2 and -1 respectively but are well out of contention 9 and 11 shots behind.

Lee birdied the last, but so does Sam Burns who goes to 20 under and stays 1 ahead of Lee as Burns looks for his second win in as many weeks.

4 players on 17 under including Spieth.

Early start tomorrow with an awful looking weather forecast, 2 tee start and 3 ball groups to speed things along. Sky on from 3pm.

Much better day yesterday, felt the long game was starting to click, although the short game definitely needs improvement.

Stood on 6th tee at Ladybank 1 under par playing golf from the gods and having missed a couple of other really good birdie opportunities. Then stood on 8th tee at +4 wondering wtf had gone wrong 😂. What a game. Did well to hang on for +7 tbh, but should've been better with a couple of sloppy 3-putts in the middle of the back nine.

A much more mundane +8 at Tulliallan in the afternoon (with 3 double bogies from good positions off the tee killed me) resulted in some decent downward trajectory in the Handicap Index though, from 8.2 to 7.2, with 2 free hits to come next Saturday. Game on!

20 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Belfry looks class even in the pishing rain.

Absolute bucket list course for me.

Played the Brabazon maybe 15 years back - tbh all I can remember about it is the 10th and 18th.

The hotel nightclub used to have an, erm, "colourful" reputation. Enjoy!!!

Edited by funky_nomad
Typo

Had the 9 hole stableford comp in the bag yesterday as I stepped onto the 7th tee......then finished with 3 double bogeys which included 2 water balls and a 3 putt. 

Ah the joys of golfing.
I played a really mediocre round in a Stableford yesterday. Ended up on 31 points. The “highlights” were two cracking strikes on tee shots on short holes which both went long and into really awful lies and I ended up with one point for the two holes. In contrast i duffed my way up the par 5 16th and holed a huge putt for par and 3 points and then thinned an awful eight iron through the back of 18 to within a yard of being OB hit a rotten chip on and then holed another long putt for a par. Stupid game.

Craig Howie won on the Challenge Tour in Sweden, or cigared it I should say, winning by 7 shots. Continues a good start to the season. Ewen Ferguson was tied 4th.

Just noticed that Matteo Manassero qualified to play on the Challenge Tour this year.

That'll be the rain then...yer men in thr clubhouse 3 shots back will fancy their chances now.
Lee has a 15 footer for par when they come back out. Rain hit a wee bit earlier than they thought but there are only 3 groups left on the course and 2 of them are playing the 18th, so the organisers were very close to getting it spot on.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
35 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
Winning score would have been -25 to -30 if the weather wasn't so bad imo.

Don't think it will take you long to tot up the fantasy points this week.

Yeah, quiet week. Bob and Speith top tens and not much else.

23 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
56 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
Winning score would have been -25 to -30 if the weather wasn't so bad imo.

Don't think it will take you long to tot up the fantasy points this week.

I'm just glad I brought Bland and Lee into my team at the last transfer window..........

I didn't.