Golfers Thread

Gaz

10 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

I was quite excited about this tournament but it’s been a bit... shit? Think it needs some EPL level marketing from the commentators to get me excited. Should still be a decent run in, like leishman and smith

They're starting to look a bit ragged now after cruising through the front nine. 

At the moment my money's on the South Africans.

I was quite excited about this tournament but it’s been a bit... shit? Think it needs some EPL level marketing from the commentators to get me excited. Should still be a decent run in, like leishman and smith
Would like to see then revive the world cup of golf tbh. Could even make it a mixed tourney.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
They're starting to look a bit ragged now after cruising through the front nine. 
At the moment my money's on the South Africans.

Saffers nearly find the water, the Aussies do.

And then chip in for a birdie. Game on. 

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
29 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Would like to see then revive the world cup of golf tbh. Could even make it a mixed tourney.

I’ve actually never heard of this. Only been watching golf outside majors for about 18 months

I’ve actually never heard of this. Only been watching golf outside majors for about 18 months
It was a WGC event at one time. Think the problem was it was limited to just one team per country, which wouldn't sit well with the Yanks. Monty and Marc Warren won it for Scotland back in the day.

It might not end up mattering here, but I really hate when the playoff repeats holes. 18,18,9,9 here. Why not go four diff holes
Largely to do with the logistics of the crowd charging about the course to get in position if they play different holes.

At least they are alteribg the format each time.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Largely to do with the logistics of the crowd charging about the course to get in position if they play different holes.

At least they are alteribg the format each time.

I understand but has their not been similar circumstances in these crowdless (or v minimal crowd) events. A couple weeks ago in euro tour they played the same hole 5x. 

I understand but has their not been similar circumstances in these crowdless (or v minimal crowd) events. A couple weeks ago in euro tour they played the same hole 5x. 
That was last week in Austria, I'm sure there was a sponsors area next to the 18th green even though there wasn't an actual crowd, they just kept playing the 18th so they could watch it.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
25 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

That was last week in Austria, I'm sure there was a sponsors area next to the 18th green even though there wasn't an actual crowd, they just kept playing the 18th so they could watch it.

Playing the same hole 5x is ridiculous. Anything more than 1x is a bit much for me as an armchair fan, but 3,4,5 is just silly.