Golfers Thread

Gaz

41 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve been following him through the PGA website shot tracker, don’t think Sky showed either of his eagles on their coverage, although I may have missed them. Should get a bit of airtime today if he’s out with McIlroy.  I’ve got a £2 bet on him at 220/1 so I hope he can make a move. 

They showed his eagle from yesterday in the highlights package this morning. His approach shot was superb. Fairway wood to just a few feet. 

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They showed his eagle from yesterday in the highlights package this morning. His approach shot was superb. Fairway wood to just a few feet. 

Yes it was a superb shot. His eagle there was in sharp contrast to the 7 he took at the same hole in round one. Tee shot into the rough, smart lay up to 90 yards from the pin only to then dump his 3rd shot into the water short of the green. I think the pressure of being in my fantasy team is weighing heavily on him 🤣

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve been following him through the PGA website shot tracker, don’t think Sky showed either of his eagles on their coverage, although I may have missed them. Should get a bit of airtime today if he’s out with McIlroy.  I’ve got a £2 bet on him at 220/1 so I hope he can make a move. 

Knox Eagle.

I see the European Tour event in Saudi has managed to attract some of the big Americans who usually play on the PGA Tour. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that one of the few European Tour events they decide to play happens to be in Saudi Arabia, and absolutely no money will have been offered to those players in order to get them over. All above board as far as I can see. 

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I see the European Tour event in Saudi has managed to attract some of the big Americans who usually play on the PGA Tour. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that one of the few European Tour events they decide to play happens to be in Saudi Arabia, and absolutely no money will have been offered to those players in order to get them over. All above board as far as I can see. 

Indeed mate. Wouldn't it be refreshing if one of these players admitted they were going there for the money, rather than the bollocks about "growing the game"?

22 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

Indeed mate. Wouldn't it be refreshing if one of these players admitted they were going there for the money, rather than the bollocks about "growing the game"?

Think that ship has sailed unfortunately, the Saudis have enough money to wave in the faces of these sports that they are willing to look the other way. Spanish Super Cup with Messi et al played in Saudi, a race on the F1 calendar, Anthony Joshua fight, this European Tour event etc etc. If someone was going to make a stand against them it would have been done by now. 

Koepka also showing some form for the first time in a while. 
Lot of injures over the last 15 months.

Just the 61 for Speith, he and Schauffele will start tomorrow a few shots ahead of the field, Shuffles has a birdie putt on 17 to draw level with Speith.