Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Bunkered reckon that Bob could be as high as 42nd on the OWGR when it is updated tomorrow.

I'm sure that would have been his first target of the year, staying in the top 50 at the end of March to book a place at Augusta must be high on his priorities too.

I think if he's still in the top 50 in 3 weeks, which is highly likely if he's up to 42, he'll get into the Players Championship as well. 

Huge respect for Reed ( I know others wont).   He'd make my 4 man dream team.   I could nearly  hit it alongside him he's just miles better.   

Dealing with pressure makes a great player and he's done it from his tour inception.   

As an aside Torrey Pines looks terrible to play.   

Huge respect for Reed ( I know others wont).   He'd make my 4 man dream team.   I could nearly  hit it alongside him he's just miles better.   

Dealing with pressure makes a great player and he's done it from his tour inception.   

It’s the US Open venue this year I believe

He gives absolutely no fucks and has balls of steel, that's 6 of 8 third round leads he has converted to wins. He does himself no favours though, see Shuffles comments in the picture. The last line in particular is quite telling.

Bob MacIntyre up to 44th on the OWGR, the highest ranked left hander in the world and 2 places above Tiger. 20210201_112836.thumb.jpg.75f5ae5be798fb82b8c133509d0d90fa.jpg

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
On 30/01/2021 at 22:00, Distant Doonhamer said:
It's possibly unfair. We'll never know. What we do know for sure is that he's a cheat.

Looks like McIlroy did the same thing the day before, assume he'll not get the same criticism.

He won't get the same criticism because as far as I'm aware he doesn't have the same dodgy record that Reed does. As others have said Reed clearly couldn't give a f**k about the issue. It's a pity because he's a fine player. 

How are they doing it this year? So many from that and another lot from world rankings?
Yep, should have posted the world list too. Top 4 from the European points list, then the top 5 from the World list who aren't already in. Players in blue are the current qualifiers. Screenshot_20210201-132942_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c45c5e5dc333130eae2a5eae152cfb79.jpg

Watching yesterday's rerun on Sky, still can't fathom how that putt by Bob on 8 stayed out. It looks just right of centre, then seems to kick right on the edge of the hole and horseshoes out. Bizarre one. Certainly had a stone cold putter yesterday, the 3 putt from 8 feet was inexplicable. No doubt he left 3 or 4 shots out there.

Yesterday was his 50th event, making 43 cuts (86%), that's a much higher percentage than players at a similar stage of their career. (E.g. Kitayama at 76% and Perez at 72%). Bob also has 12 top 10 finishes. Keeps giving himself chances, he'll convert more into wins soon enough imo.