Gaz

Golfers Thread

On 17/01/2021 at 14:40, peasy23 said:

PGA Tour proving to be as difficult as ever....

I watched the final round of that tournament last week, a course in Hawaii I think it was. There was a par 5 where the second shot in was a sand wedge for most of the players, and a par 4 where some of the drives were going through the back of the green. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

I watched the final round of that tournament last week, a course in Hawaii I think it was. There was a par 5 where the second shot in was a sand wedge for most of the players, and a par 4 where some of the drives were going through the back of the green. 

As a slight contrast to that this week's course in California featured a par3 of 240 yards over water with a bale out area to the left of the green. They're using a forward tee today at that hole so only 200 yards for round three. That said the eventual winner will likely be 20 plus under par and anything worse than 4 under after two rounds missed the cut.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

As a slight contrast to that this week's course in California featured a par3 of 240 yards over water with a bale out area to the left of the green. They're using a forward tee today at that hole so only 200 yards for round three. That said the eventual winner will likely be 20 plus under par and anything worse than 4 under after two rounds missed the cut.
But Rory says it's awfy hard...

Excellent 64 for Russell Knox in PGA event 3rd round moving him up to tied 5th. Marc Warren well placed in Abu Dhabi too Good luck to both in round 4.

Rory utterly shat it today in Abu Dhabi. Hatton has been superb though

Rory doing Rory Sunday things

Rory doing Rory Sunday things
Did it on Friday too when a 72 lost you at least 3 shots on the field.

Good to see Warren, Jamieson, MacIntyre and Gallacher well up the leaderboard. Think I have null points on the fantasy golf though.

Great putt from Warren on 18 to get out of a big tied group and sneak another place up the leaderboard too. Think Ken Brown said that putt was worth the best part of 100k

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Great putt from Warren on 18 to get out of a big tied group and sneak another place up the leaderboard too. Think Ken Brown said that putt was worth the best part of 100k

Yes it was a great up and down from the bunker for a birdie. As you say worth a lot of cash and ranking points too.

I was on Fleetwood and picked Fitzpatrick over Hatton. Shite.

Hatton rolled in some lengthy putts today, so fair play. 

He's a popular Fantasy pick, so it'll be a much changed leaderboard.

All eyes on Finau tonight, can he finally get over the line ? I think around 4 or 5 have both Hatton and him in their teams. Mega points incoming.

37 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

All eyes on Finau tonight, can he finally get over the line ? I think around 4 or 5 have both Hatton and him in their teams. Mega points incoming.

Quite frankly, Hatton and Finau doing the double combined with the Rovers score yesterday would leave me feeling very fulfilled from this sporting weekend.

Will it happen tonight?

Nope. Same old song from Finau thus far. I feel a bit sorry for him.
Hasn't played well enough himself, but Cantlay being in the clubhouse early with a 61 to post 22 under wouldn't have helped. Looks like a top 10 finish for Knox.

Finau also has the added burden of being in my fantasy golf team.

Hasn't played well enough himself, but Cantlay being in the clubhouse early with a 61 to post 22 under wouldn't have helped. Looks like a top 10 finish for Knox.

Finau also has the added burden of being in my fantasy golf team.

Finau in my team too. Knox too as well as Hatton and Rory so a decent weekend for me as things stand
Edit to add Knox finds the water off the tee at 18th. Double bogey incoming I suspect. Pity.

Further edit. Knox takes 7 down the last to drop to tied 16th. It’s a decent finish but he’ll be gutted by that as he was tied 5th standing on the 18th tee. He’s definitely much improved of late but that’ll be a tough one to take.

Finau in my team too. Knox too as well as Hatton and Rory so a decent weekend for me as things stand
Edit to add Knox finds the water off the tee at 18th. Double bogey incoming I suspect. Pity.

Further edit. Knox takes 7 down the last to drop to tied 16th. It’s a decent finish but he’ll be gutted by that as he was tied 5th standing on the 18th tee. He’s definitely much improved of late but that’ll be a tough one to take.
Sore one.

Even sorer for Cantlay though after sitting in the clubhouse with the lead for so long, Kim birdie-ing 2 of the last 3 to win by 1.

Tyrell Hatton is now up to number 5 on the OWGR.

Robert MacIntyre slips a place to 52nd.

Other Scots:
Martin Laird 76th
Marc Warren 162nd
Calum Hill 197th
Scott Jamieson 215th
Russell Knox 220th
Connor Syme 235th
Richie Ramsay 285th
Grant Forrest 316th
Ewen Ferguson 383rd

Big climbs up the board for Warren and Knox recently.

Tyrell Hatton is now up to number 5 on the OWGR.

Robert MacIntyre slips a place to 52nd.

Other Scots:
Martin Laird 76th
Marc Warren 162nd
Calum Hill 197th
Scott Jamieson 215th
Russell Knox 220th
Connor Syme 235th
Richie Ramsay 285th
Grant Forrest 316th
Ewen Ferguson 383rd

Big climbs up the board for Warren and Knox recently.

Yes Laird and MacIntyre winning relatively recently and the improved form of others has been good to see. Knox will be gutted that his 18th hole triple cost him a really good finish yesterday. Also good to see him have the ability to poke fun at himself on social media for said finish pretty much straight after the event. Good on him for that. His 64 on Saturday was a fantastic round.

Yes Laird and MacIntyre winning relatively recently and the improved form of others has been good to see. Knox will be gutted that his 18th hole triple cost him a really good finish yesterday. Also good to see him have the ability to poke fun at himself on social media for said finish pretty much straight after the event. Good on him for that. His 64 on Saturday was a fantastic round.
Knox would likely have been into the top 200 if he had managed to hold onto that T5th, good to see he appears to be over his injuries and back in form.