Golfers Thread

Gaz

I know he was a big tory b*****d - but he was absolutely the voice of golf for me, and made the game much more interesting than i otherwise would've found it.

Brilliant at his job, and for that reason i doff my imaginary cap to Peter Alliss.

Syme one over for the front 9, will need to go very low coming back to get near the top 60 now.

Syme shot 2 under on the back 9 to finish 10th. Projected 67th so will miss out. Probably needed another 2 or 3 birdies to make top 60. Small margins. Card comfortably retained and some more useful world ranking points. Decent season for him including the experience of playing in US Open.

Syme shot 2 under on the back 9 to finish 10th. Projected 67th so will miss out. Probably needed another 2 or 3 birdies to make top 60. Small margins. Card comfortably retained and some more useful world ranking points. Decent season for him including the experience of playing in US Open.
3 Scots bunched together on 67th, 68th and 69th. What happens if anybody drops out, just wondering how many US based players will want to risk leaving their "bubble" to make the trip to Dubai. Could they find their way in as subs?

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
59 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

3 Scots bunched together on 67th, 68th and 69th. What happens if anybody drops out, just wondering how many US based players will want to risk leaving their "bubble" to make the trip to Dubai. Could they find their way in as subs?

I think that's happened in the past as it's not unusual for some of the Americans to qualify via majors then not turn up. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Reed is the only one who bothers coming. 

Edited to add: Morikawa, Oosthuizen, Casey, Im, McIlroy, Rahm, Scott, Finau and Ancer are players who've qualified who I wouldn't be surprised to see withdraw. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

I think that's happened in the past as it's not unusual for some of the Americans to qualify via majors then not turn up. 

I hadn’t thought about that. Be good if some of the Scots who lie just outside do get in. Reed will certainly be playing.

MacIntyre and Warren already in the top 60

Morikawa is the first one that jumps out, he is 3rd in the rankings just from his points in majors and WGC events. Can't see him making the trip over.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I hadn’t thought about that. Be good if some of the Scots who lie just outside do get in. Reed will certainly be playing.

MacIntyre and Warren already in the top 60

That's one thing about Reed, he's always prepared to come over here and play. He's definitely one who would embrace a more integrated schedule as part of the new 'partnership' between the tours. 

Have had it confirmed that Connor Syme (67th) is in the field for next week. Hopefully the same for the other Scots

23 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

3 under 68 for Knox today. Currently tied 7th. Five behind the lead but still well placed for a good finish.

Disappointing level par final round for Knox in Mexico. Finished tied 23rd. Looking at the stats he didn't drive it well and found the penalty area with a couple of tee shots. 

Signs of improving form but a disappointing finish. Projected 58th in FedEx rankings.

All three confirmed in the field.

Syme, Forrest and Jamieson.

So 5 Scots in total as MacIntyre and Warren were already there.

https://www.europeantour.com/european-tour/dp-world-tour-championship-dubai-2020/entry-list

23 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

All three confirmed in the field.

Syme, Forrest and Jamieson.

So 5 Scots in total as MacIntyre and Warren were already there.

https://www.europeantour.com/european-tour/dp-world-tour-championship-dubai-2020/entry-list

Morikawa has obviously been tempted by the fact he could still win the order of merit. The usual suspects have all dropped out.

Interested to see Hovland in the field and how he'll get on.

So is that 12 withdrawals?
11 as far as I can make out.

8 Oosthuizen
10 Herbert
12 Casey
17 McIlroy
20 Rahm
35 Lowry
37 Scott
40 Finau
47 Fox
50 Ancer
56 Min Woo Lee

Hovland, Willett, Stenson and Janewattananond also playing as they are in the top 75 in the OWGR but not the top 60 of the European Tour.