Golfers Thread

Gaz

Finally decide to bite the bullet and join the trolley club for the first time in my life. Have always carried my clubs but recently found that on days when the weather isn't great, the bag starts to weigh a fair bit with all the waterproofs and is bursting at the seams, not to mention carrying is a real faff if the rain is on and off as it frequently is in Scotland. Hopefully a bigger bag and a trolley gives me a bit more energy closing my rounds!

Got a lesson booked for a week on Saturday to iron out a few issues I've been having. Been hitting my mid/long irons really nicely but can't hit my shorter irons for toffee and my driver seems to have developed a massive right miss (my bad shot has always been left).

Edited by Mr Hahn

Last year I missed out by a shot for qualifying for the club's ko handicap competition. Even worse this year as I had the same score as the lowest ranked players, but lost out on the tiebreak rules as they all have lower handicaps than me. [emoji26]

Last year I missed out by a shot for qualifying for the club's ko handicap competition. Even worse this year as I had the same score as the lowest ranked players, but lost out on the tiebreak rules as they all have lower handicaps than me. [emoji26]

That’s not fair

That’s not fair
It is fair tbh. It's a best 2 nett rounds from 3 qualifier, so you can't use a back 9 countback. In the event of a tie the decider is then best gross score. My own fault for taking 2 sevens last Saturday.

Another tough gig on the US Tour at TPC Boston as Scottie Scheffler hits a 12 under par 59 in round 2.

Meanwhile at Troon, two days of gusty winds have taken it's toll at the Women's Open with the projected cut looking like falling at +9, with only one player under par.

Saying nothing about the tourney at Celtic Manor, but Bob MacIntyre hit a 78 today to miss the cut after an opening 68 yesterday. I refuse to mention anyone else as that always seems to put the hex on them.

That’s unlucky. Our club just makes it aggregate score of 2 qualifying rounds so use better 2nd round or better final 9 to differentiate if required.

38 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
52 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

But this can’t be true surely. Rory tells us the courses in Europe are too easy and the players winning here shoot 25 under every week.

DJ birdied the 5th too, played the first 5 holes in 13, 7 under par.

-9 through 8 now? So thankful the PGA Tour courses are so tough to make up for how easy the European Tour is.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So 11 under through 11? I'm torn here. I want to witness history being made but if I turn this on he's a certainty to play the last stretch in 2 over. 

He's just battered his birdie put 5 feet past on 12, the implosion could be on.

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's just battered his birdie put 5 feet past on 12, the implosion could be on.

I've turned it on now, for better or for worse. 

Nothing other than 57 or under is acceptable. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo